Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday

+15
xmiles
bryan458
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
Boggersbelief
observer
Sluffy
Norpig
Growler
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
wanderlust
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday Tue Mar 12 2019, 19:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the Portal guys! Smile

22Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday Tue Mar 12 2019, 21:59

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

And normal service is resumed  Mad Mad Mad

23Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday Tue Mar 12 2019, 22:00

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

bryan458 wrote:And normal service is resumed  Mad Mad Mad

You beat me to it.

24Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday Tue Mar 12 2019, 22:05

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

What does Noone Do ?? apart from fuck all, and Gerald Cid would put all our central defenders to shame, Beevers is fucking appalling.  Mad Mad Mad

25Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday Tue Mar 12 2019, 22:05

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm very sorry to hear about your sad sad news, Norpig. I truly can't imagine how difficult a time it is for you.

26Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday Tue Mar 12 2019, 22:09

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

1 shot on target at home AGAIN, I honestly think Parkinson has managed his last game for BWFC tonight, well I fucking hope he has anyway, I have a lot of respect for him as a person and the way he's kept it all together during this rough financial time, but fuck me he is an awful manager.

27Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday Tue Mar 12 2019, 22:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A lot of rubbish blowing about on the pitch. Some of it was paper.

28Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday Tue Mar 12 2019, 22:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I foolishly thought we were going to win tonight.

I never learn when it comes to Bolton Wanderers, even after all these years.

29Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday Tue Mar 12 2019, 23:02

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:A draw i think but i won't be there tonight. My Mum passed away last Thursday so have been back and forward to Bolton since then, Just got back from arranging her funeral so won't be going out again tonight. Will there be a stream KP?
Just seen this Mr Pig- my sympathy goes out to you. I hope you come to terms with your loss soon.

30Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday Tue Mar 12 2019, 23:06

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So sorry to hear your sad news Norpig puts things into perspective. A missed opportunity tonight Rotherham must be very happy tonight, really poor second half, if only we had Bannan back.

31Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday Tue Mar 12 2019, 23:09

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Absolutely awful again tonight. The difference between tonight and Saturday is that Millwall were just as bad as us and so made us look OK. Wednesday were mediocre but infinitely better then us. They were simply better than us at playing football and so showed us what we really are- and that's abysmal.

32Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday Wed Mar 13 2019, 01:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry about your mum Norpig.

33Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday Wed Mar 13 2019, 09:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last night was fooking terrible, the second half was as bad as it's been under Parky.

If we are being taken over the absolute first job for the new owners is to get rid of the manager, the man is utterly clueless.

When you've been on a bad run and suddenly win a match you have to try and cling to some sort of momentum, and that means sticking with the same team. Parky just can't help himself, he has to tinker.

Having said that, absolutely everyone was utter shit on the night. Special mentions for Ameobi who must have touched the ball twice (I still await your apology wessy), Magennis for not controlling a single ball all night, and Buckley for being Buckley.

It makes me want to cry that Magennis and Donaldson are our "strike force", both are terrible. Parky has made a lot of big mistakes at Bolton, but by far the biggest was letting Le Fondre go.

The manager has to go. And take his team with him.

34Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday Wed Mar 13 2019, 09:46

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:A draw i think but i won't be there tonight. My Mum passed away last Thursday so have been back and forward to Bolton since then, Just got back from arranging her funeral so won't be going out again tonight. Will there be a stream KP?

All the best mate.

35Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday Wed Mar 13 2019, 09:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday

Bolton Wanderers were defeated by Sheffield Wednesday on Tuesday evening at the University of Bolton Stadium, with goals from Steven Fletcher and Rolando Aarons earning the Owls all three points.

Team News

For Wanderers starting eleven against the Yorkshire outfit, manager Phil Parkinson made two changes to his side from our last Sky Bet Championship clash against Millwall.

Andrew Taylor and Will Buckley dropped to the bench, with Jason Lowe and Craig Noone coming into the side as replacements.

First Half

Barry Bannan managed to find Steven Fletcher on the edge of the Wanderers box in the tenth minute, with his effort flowing straight into the grasp of Remi Matthews.

Callum Connolly, who was playing at the left side of the defence for this game, responded for the Whites as he took aim from distance, but had his shot blocked by a Wednesday defender.

Wanderers were no doubt the more positive side in the first half, but both teams found it difficult to create many clear cut chances.

Former Wanderers midfielder Bannan stepped up with a free kick that angled into the penalty area to find Owls striker Atdhe Nuhiu.

The target man rose highest and headed towards goal, but with no power or precision to trouble Wanderers goalkeeper Matthews.

With attempts on goal at a premium in the first period, a large chunk of the play occurred in the middle third of the University of Bolton Stadium’s hallowed turf.

Shouts of handball came following a Joe Williams snapshot from the edge of the area on 39 minutes, but referee Stephen Martin waved away any protesting Wanderers players.

The closest either side came to opening the scoring in this clash before the break was a Rolando Aarons effort from 20 yards, which petered wide of the mark.

That was before Sheffield Wednesday managed to open proceedings through Fletcher.

Owls midfielder Bannan pulled the strings with this chance, as he played a well weighted pass right into the path of the Scotsman, who coolly lifted the ball past Matthews and into the goal.

Second Half

Wednesday started off the second period brighter than Wanderers, with Michael Hector attacking a corner kick with menace but lacking the ability to strike the ball at goal.

Phil Parkinson’s men tried to level up proceedings with a Craig Noone half volley from just outside the Owls penalty area, but his effort looped over the bar.

However, a minute prior to the hour mark, Wednesday doubled their lead through Aarons.

A fantastically made through ball from Adam Reach fed the Owls winger through on goal, before finishing well past Matthews.

Wanderers were desperately close to getting a goal and launching themselves right back into this clash soon after the restart.

After a phase of play in the Wednesday box, Noone shot on goal that was blocked by substitute Sam Winnall, before Westwood gathered the following effort.

With 16 minutes of regular time to play, Sammy Ameobi took charge of a dangerous free kick from 25 yards out.

The tricky winger stepped up and struck the set play with venom, but didn’t have the accuracy needed on the effort.

Aarons continued to cause trouble, beating second half substitute Luca Connell down the right wing before finding Winnall.

The playmaker hit his shot on the volley, forcing a tremendous diving save from Remi Matthews to stop a certain goal.

Will Buckley managed to get in behind the Owls' defence shortly after, firing a cross into the area that Clayton Donaldson nearly acrobatically turned into the Wednesday goal.

Unfortunately for the Jamaican, his effort didn’t trouble Westwood.

The Trotters were unrelenting in their search to get back into this game, with a combination of Jack Hobbs, Ameobi and Mark Beevers coming close with simultaneous efforts to kick-starting a comeback.

With time winding down, Wanderers kept fighting but it wasn’t enough as Wednesday took all three points in this Sky Bet Championship game.

Full Time

Wanderers: Matthews, Lowe (C), Beevers, Ameobi, Noone (Buckley 66), Hobbs, Olkowski, Connolly, O’Neil (Donaldson 66), J. Williams (Connell 72), Magennis

Unused substitutes: B. Williams, Taylor, Wilson, Wheater

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

36Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheff Wednesday Wed Mar 13 2019, 10:31

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are fuckie dire. Could tell in the first 5 mins we were never gonna score

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum