Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big Sam says next owners would need to demonstrate big plans for him to return

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sam Allardyce says only new owners with big ambitions could tempt him back to Bolton Wanderers.

The 64-year-old club legend, who led the Whites to great success between 1999 and 2007, has previously not ruled out returning to assist the right group in a boardroom position.

But with Wanderers' crisis deepening ahead of a high court hearing on Wednesday over an outstanding tax bill, HMRC having issued a winding-up order, Allardyce says the interested parties who he has spoken to have not had concrete plans for a brighter future at the University of Bolton Stadium.

"Some people looking to buy the club have contacted me and asked if I'd take any position back at Wanderers," the former England boss told talkSPORT on Tuesday morning.

"But all those people I've spoken to haven't shown enough ambition financially to take the club into a good, stable position and then build it to go forward to try and get back in the Premier League.

"I'm talking about a three, four or five-year plan going forwards.

"All I've seen is people wanting to buy the club and then seeing what they want to do with it after that.

"I haven't given any indication of wanting to go back to the club because nobody has come up with a plan that looks like a plan for the future of the football club and the footballers on the field rather than the business and what Bolton Wanderers has in terms of tangible assets.

"It needs somebody out there with enough financial clout to enjoy owning a football club and build it to be successful again.

"It's got everything it needs in the town to be a success."

Wanderers' players are currently refusing to train over unpaid wages and Allardyce has plenty of sympathy with the players and manager Phil Parkinson.

"These players won't be able to withstand no wages," he said.

"They won't have money put aside. Everyone might think they earn millions but they don't.

"They will be paying mortgages, they will have children that need looking after and it will be very difficult for them to a point where there could be a default on somebody's mortgage quite easily.

"It's very difficult for them to get through and it's difficult for the manager and the assistant manager to keep the team motivated."

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum