Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Laurence Bassini - New Owner

+12
terenceanne
maconman
wessy
wanderlust
Growler
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
Cajunboy
Norpig
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Doesn't make any sense to me in all honesty.

I guess the reason why people wanting ownership was for the land ownership the club seems to have - ok I can understand that if that is actually factual - I've no idea of what land the club owns or what it's value is (presumably for domestic development rather than commercial - which I would assume to be less profitable?).

Maybe the story about Ken putting the club into Admin - presumably so Team Bassan could buy it out as some sort of a deal - was to prompt Bassini into action - I guess he didn't want to call his bluff - if that was what it was?

Doesn't make any sense that he's no idea of the debts - but seems happy to pay them off - that would include the two winders and everyone who had any sense to get their debts attached to them as 'substitutes' or whatever the technical term is.

The footballing creditors will have to be paid and wages during the summer - Iles says that will be £2.5m.

The way I read what was said though was that all existing LOANS to the club and associated charges removed - and NOT that all creditors would be paid - I think that is quite a major point myself.

What it says to me is that all the people who have charges on the assets - James, Warburton and Ken - will be paid off (presumably in full) then those assets - the land and hotel - would be free to be used as assets against larger loans, as their value had gone up since the original charges were taken out - and/or sold off developed/built on.

I can't see Mr Bassini is really here for the football or to was clean some mucky money from the far east - so I guess whatever he needs to lay out (£5.5m James, £5 Ken, £2.5 Warburton, £2.5m wages, £1.1 HMRC, Winder on hotel and various substitutes say what £3m, plus bits and pieces say another £1m - and presumably £5m to Eddie/Dark Horse - adding up to something like £25m needs to be found quite sharpish?

Some of those totals might be turned into equity (buying a part ownership in the club) or maybe written off in part or full (I'm thinking Ken's bit) depending on what deal's been done to bury whatever skeletons he may have had?

Still seems to be a bit of a punt even if he had say to find £10m just to keep things sweet over the summer - and still needs to do a deal on the land and/or hotel - and by then he might have people with equity in the club he will need to share it with.

I guess the plan is to free up the assets and sell on - either the club or the assets themselves - and after doing so make a quick exit.

It will be interesting to see how James and Warburton play this and what happens with Ken's £5m.

A new owner but still with lots of unanswered questions to my way of thinking.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It could be an omen. Tomorrow (Friday) is my 60th anniversary  :party:
Of watching the Wanderers that is - a 1 all draw with Newcastle at Burnden I am reliably informed although I had thought for years it was the West Ham game that season.
Honestly don't remember much about the game other than sitting on my dad's shoulders in what seemed to be a huge crowd, but the excitement of it all condemned me to a life sentence. 
Hopefully, this will be the end of me worrying about the club's existence - which has been an issue for the first time in all those years with the arrival of Anderson. Never crossed my mind before that.

And before you say it - one live game this season so far is poor, but I can't be arsed with the 400 mile round trip to watch this shite ATM. We'll see how next season goes - hopefully the beginning of our rise back to the Prem Very Happy

Last edited by wanderlust on Thu Apr 18 2019, 01:10; edited 1 time in total

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:BTW [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nice move locking the thread though.

What the hell you talking about you nutjob???

The thread isn't locked and never has been and page 8 (which doesn't display from your link) - shows the Statement of Charges in Equity for the accounts ending 30th June as follows -

Share Capital - £123,750
Share Premium Account - £206,626
Capital Redemption Reserve - £31,418
Other Reserves - £25,347

Totalling - £387,141

Is that what you consider lots of assets then???

Even then these trifling amounts HAVE to be used to offset the LOSSES on the Profit and Loss Reserves of £186,550,719 - and thus leaving the Statement of Charges in Equity in DEBIT to the sum of £186,163,578

It's abundantly clear that you can't understand accounts and that you've mistaken the £44,734,624 of creditors falling due within one year as the £45m assets you thought the club had.

Unbelievable really.

No wonder I could not understand what you were talking about half the time and your continual avoidance of answering any questions from me, and several others, as to where these so called assets where, that you kept continually banging on about.

I'll draw a line under it now to save you embarrassing yourself any further.

Unless of course you want too!

Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

The thread isn't locked and never has been and page 8 (which doesn't display from your link) - shows the Statement of Charges in Equity for the accounts ending 30th June as follows -

Share Capital - £123,750
Other Reserves - £25,347

Totalling - £387,141

Even then these trifling amounts HAVE to be used to offset the LOSSES on the Profit and Loss Reserves of £186,550,719 - and thus leaving the Statement of Charges in Equity in DEBIT to the sum of £186,163,578

It's abundantly clear that you can't understand accounts and that you've mistaken the £44,734,624 of creditors falling due within one year as the £45m assets you thought the club had.

Unbelievable really.

No wonder I could not understand what you were talking about half the time and your continual avoidance of answering any questions from me, and several others, as to where these so called assets where, that you kept continually banging on about.

Very Happy
Can someone with an accounting background please redirect this moron to the correct page. Preferably in the correct year. And possibly even to the correct company?

It's just that if I do it, he'll probably put up Carr's Pasties accounts and then lecture me about it.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Share Capital - £123,750
Other Reserves - £25,347

Totalling - £387,141

Unbelievable really.

Very Happy
Can someone with an accounting background please redirect this moron to the correct page. Preferably in the correct year. And possibly even to the correct company?

It's just that if I do it, he'll probably put up Carr's Pasties accounts and then lecture me about it.

Ok, you aren't talking about the club accounts, you are talking about Burnden Leisure's accounts - ok let's see if we can find your £45m worth of assets there then shall we?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Page 8 Group Balance Sheet

Fixed Assets £40,956,000 plus Current Assets £8,015,000 totalling £48,971,000

Less Creditors falling due within one year £39,516,000

Leaving Total Assets less Total liabilities in credit of £9,455,000

BUT provision as to be made for Creditors amounts falling due after more than one year of £9,840,000

Showing net LIABILITIES of £385,000

It's there in black and white and the that amount (liabilities exceed all assets to the tune of) £385,000 is what both Dean Holdsworth and Ken Anderson signed for at the bottom of the page!!!

There's a massive black hole of debt of £186m in the club itself and a further half million (£385,000) in the parent company - and you still seem to believe somehow there were assets available to Ken/DH at the time of the take over.

There wasn't.

I'm not saying it, the clubs accountants and auditors are saying it!!!

Are you on drugs or something because you seem to be in complete denial about the facts???

Where do you believe these £45m assets you have been banging on about are in the books because they are clearly not showing in the 2016 accounts for the club or Burnden Leisure?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's just all agree it's good to have no debt.

We definitely won't accrue any debt going forward either.

In league one with no fans and a huge wage bill and operating costs. Bassini has read the labour manifesto he knows how to run things properly.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Might as well get this out there now as we're likely to hear a lot more from Watford fans in the coming weeks. This one wrote:

”Ha ha.....yes.....I see you've heard the legendary safe key story.

From what you say, there's no way he has £20m to invest in your club. When he was at Watford, it seemed that he was just a front man for someone else. He had a backer. Now his family seem to be well heeled, but he himself, is the runt of the family in that respect.

He talks the talk and he will promise you everything you want to hear, but it's all phoney I'm afraid. There's no substance to any of it. It became ludicrous in the end.

No doubt he'll come out with statements that he made mistakes at Watford and lessons learned etc, but a leopard does not change its spots.

As a Bolton fan, you will quite rightly hope he'll be decent and genuine and will give him the benefit of the doubt until proved otherwise. We had the same reservations but he was given every chance to prove himself, but it became clear very early on he was a chancer.

I'm amazed he's got back in football. I'm amazed the EFL would ever sanction him. He was banned for 3 years because of his dishonesty.

He was made bankrupt twice, and even changed his name from Bazini to Bassini to hide the fact he'd been bankrupt. 

When interviewed, he acted like a child, trying to make up stories about events, which even with the greatest deal of naivety, anyone could see through.

He's referred to as the red helmet because our local paper, The Watford Observer, often used the same photo of him with a red builders hard hat. He got so annoyed that he threatened to sue the paper for using the same photo. So, of course, they used it even more.

You'll get used to that. He threatens to sue everyone one. He threatened to sue SkySports News as well for another trivial event. 

Even the late Graham Taylor fell out with him, and called him a liar, for making up reasons for not attending a fans forum, which he did more than once. Of course, he threatened to sue GT as well. You can see a common theme here.

I wish Bolton all the best, but this guy will take you into the mire. He's really bad news. A total fantasist who has delusions of grandeur.

He wants a football club as a status symbol, so he can show his family he's not a total idiot.

My only advice is, of there is a way to stop him from taking over, take it. He's hard to get rid of. Watford were in a real mess when he left and only avoided administration and a points deduction by the skin of their teeth. The Pozzo's settled all debts and paid the HMRC. Bassini hid a lot of debt from our new owners too, so they withheld a payment for the Red Lion pub, which was part of the settlement deal. Of course Bassini sued the Pozzo's and of course lost the case, as he always does.”

Obviously some of this has a familiar ring to it but I guess we've just got to keep hoping he does a better job this time.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Share Capital - £123,750
Other Reserves - £25,347

Totalling - £387,141

Unbelievable really.

Very Happy

Ok, you aren't talking about the club accounts, you are talking about Burnden Leisure's accounts - ok let's see if we can find your £45m worth of assets there then shall we?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Page 8 Group Balance Sheet

Fixed Assets £40,956,000 plus Current Assets £8,015,000 totalling £48,971,000

Less Creditors falling due within one year £39,516,000

Leaving Total Assets less Total liabilities in credit of £9,455,000

BUT provision as to be made for Creditors amounts falling due after more than one year of £9,840,000

Showing net LIABILITIES of £385,000

It's there in black and white and the that amount (liabilities exceed all assets to the tune of) £385,000 is what both Dean Holdsworth and Ken Anderson signed for at the bottom of the page!!!

There's a massive black hole of debt of £186m in the club itself and a further half million (£385,000) in the parent company - and you still seem to believe somehow there were assets available to Ken/DH at the time of the take over.

There wasn't.

I'm not saying it, the clubs accountants and auditors are saying it!!!

Are you on drugs or something because you seem to be in complete denial about the facts???

Where do you believe these £45m assets you have been banging on about are in the books because they are clearly not showing in the 2016 accounts for the club or Burnden Leisure?
As you are obviously still "deliberately misinterpreting what I write" (sic) and desperate to scour the universe for some shred of evidence to back up your lies, why don't you just show us the £231 million after ED wrote off his debt (which he had agreed to do in November 2015 long before Anderson arrived [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) so we can all have another laugh at you?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:As you are obviously still "deliberately misinterpreting what I write" (sic) and desperate to scour the universe for some shred of evidence to back up your lies, why don't you just show us the £231 million after ED wrote off his debt (which he had agreed to do in November 2015 long before Anderson arrived [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) so we can all have another laugh at you?

Yet again you have decided to post the same thing in two different threads so I'll simply post a copy of my reply to you from the other thread -

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
On what planet then, does having assets and a small future debt amount to the £231 million and no assets lie you've been spreading around?

Man up and accept the fact that you've been lying all along because you desperately want to appear as an authority on these matters, when in reality you're just a sad little muppet.

Look this has got to stop.

I don't need to lie over fuck all on an internet forum like a certain individual.

You posted up that Anderson took on assets of £45m when he took over the club.

An accountant with many years experience posted two links to you from the accounts of the club and Burnden Leisure and said that they would "comprehensively contradict you".

You (being you) replied by saying the assets he inherited was shown to be  £9.4m then - he replied "No it wasn't. BWFC didn't have net assets when Anderson and Holdsworth took over. It had net liabilities of £186million at 30 June 2016 which by 30 June 2017 had turned into net assets of £7.3m as a result of Eddie's loan write offs".

You obviously knew better than a man who has spent his entire adult life working in accountancy and posted him a screen shot of the Burnden Leisure Balance Sheet for the June 2017 accounts (Note not the June 2016 accounts you were originally talking about!) to tell him he was misunderstanding your point.

He replied that you were not only looking at Group Balance Sheet but you had completely missed off the creditors due in more than one year.

To which you replied "That's right I am" to which I assume he had taken it as an admission of your mistake or that he was wasting his lifetime of skills and knowledge trying to put you straight.

With your post last night on Wways stating that this respected real life accountant was WRONG in what he had been saying to you, it was clear that you couldn't be told anything - you it seems know better than everyone else.

You have tried to tell a highly respected accountant that Anderson took on a club with £45m in assets over liabilities - to which the accountant (and later myself on here yesterday) proved by reference to the actual accounts that the true and real position at the time Anderson took on the club was that of £186m liabilities more than assets - that is a discrepancy of what you claimed - whether you like it or not - of £231m.

I have no idea why you want to continually be denying factual evidence just to further your own agenda and not to be seen as being wrong.  I don't know if it is because you feel can't lose face, you consider yourself too macho to be told anything, or you have some sort of personal issues - but this behaviour simply can not go on - when clearly you are the one in denial about the facts and the reality of the situation as explained to you by someone who is a highly regarded, qualified, and vastly experienced specialist in the field of accountancy.

There's just no point to it really is there?

We've warned you about your abuse before and clearly you haven't wished to hear it, despite a small ban, so have a little longer break and maybe post abuse at the mods and Admin over on Wways like you do here and see how long they will put up with it.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think yesterday was all a sham, I don't think Bassini will be Bolton's new owner.I think it was a delaying tactic to allow the Aston Villa game to go ahead

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Looks like it may not be a sham, and hospitality will have food AGAIN.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He seems to be wearing slippers!!!

Very Happy

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:

Very Happy

Aye seems he wants Boncey onside for starters.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The meeting with the council/police/ambulance always results in them forcing Ken to spend money.
Perhaps they told him they wouldn't let him stage the Aston Villa match if he wouldn't pay some of his catering bill

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Very Happy

Aye seems he wants Boncey onside for starters.

Not sure, they’re not zip ups! Shocked

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not keen on the colour, but I'll back him all the way if he has slipper credentials.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Maybe he's a Slippery customer !!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Maybe he's a Slippery customer !!
Very Happy

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Is that Zat Knight after some unpaid money?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He would have probably tripped over on his way

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum