Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

September 11th Thread

+4
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
largehat
doffcocker
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1September 11th Thread Empty September 11th Thread Tue Sep 04 2012, 01:10

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Around the anniversary I can spend hours upon hours searching for footage on Youtube. The magnitude of what actually happened that day has me flabbergasted every time. I love watching the documentaries and the film United 93 is unbelievably good.

I'm fascinated by the spooky links people have come up with, such as the significance of the numbers 9 and 11...911 is the US emergency services number, the Madrid bombings took place 911 days after September 11th 2001, if you look hard enough the numbers 9 and 11 appear within a dollar sign...if you turn a pound sign upside down, you can find a 7 and a J (7th July)...
OK most of it is probably bollocks/coincidence but it interests me nonetheless.

Share your September 11th or terrorism in general thoughts here!

2September 11th Thread Empty Re: September 11th Thread Tue Sep 04 2012, 01:18

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Make of this statement what you will, but I've had discussions with about 10 Muslims of various origins (South East Asian, Middle Eastern, North African) and not a single one of them accepts that Al Qaeda/Bin Laden were behind September 11th and every single one of them believes it was self-inflicted by the US or Zionists.

I'm not saying this means all Muslims share this view, but it's rather startling. None of them can answer the question why did Bin Laden never deny it? And they all talk about a DVD that's done the rounds. I've seen the DVD, can't remember its name, but I'm not convinced.

For me it's a classic case of what psychologists call 'confirmation bias' - a term which describes the tendency people have to only pay attention to and accept evidence that supports their own opinion.

3September 11th Thread Empty Re: September 11th Thread Tue Sep 04 2012, 09:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Make of this statement what you will, but I've had discussions with about 10 Muslims of various origins (South East Asian, Middle Eastern, North African) and not a single one of them accepts that Al Qaeda/Bin Laden were behind September 11th and every single one of them believes it was self-inflicted by the US or Zionists.

I'm not saying this means all Muslims share this view, but it's rather startling. None of them can answer the question why did Bin Laden never deny it? And they all talk about a DVD that's done the rounds. I've seen the DVD, can't remember its name, but I'm not convinced.

For me it's a classic case of what psychologists call 'confirmation bias' - a term which describes the tendency people have to only pay attention to and accept evidence that supports their own opinion.

I read the same thing. The conspiracy theorists were trying to put the blame on the Bush administration. It was obvious from the film footage that Bush hadn't a clue what was happening in New York on that day.

4September 11th Thread Empty Re: September 11th Thread Tue Sep 04 2012, 13:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Their was a programme on sunday, on channel 5 about the people who were in the building and manged to get out alive,quite remarkable stuff.

The footage of the planes going into the towers always sends a shiver down my spine to this day.

5September 11th Thread Empty Re: September 11th Thread Tue Sep 04 2012, 14:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't go along with all the conspiracies but i do find it a fascinating topic. Some very interesting questions remain unanswered.

Loose change is an interesting watch.

6September 11th Thread Empty Re: September 11th Thread Tue Sep 04 2012, 14:16

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

aaron_bwfc wrote:Their was a programme on sunday, on channel 5 about the people who were in the building and manged to get out alive,quite remarkable stuff.

The footage of the planes going into the towers always sends a shiver down my spine to this day.

its like the shooting of JFK, people will always remember were they were and what they were doing at the time...

I remember id just woken up, I was still living at my parents and I could smell the sausages cooking, I put the radio on and went to get in the shower, I remember hearing that a plane had just crashed in to the world trade centre... I thought 'oh shit' that's pretty bad and went downstairs and told my dad to but sky news on...

we sat there for a few mins watching the building burn, in awe that a terrible accident like that could happen...sky were interviewing somebody on the street... when you just heard a jet and seconds later saw it smash in to the other tower... it was one of them 'oh shit' moments, I actually felt like crying when I realised, the shock of what was unfolding in front of me was actually a planned event - terrorists using planes against the west, to kill and maim thousands while destroying one of the most iconic buildings in the world, a building that several years before I had visited with my parents. all the while gaining the worldwide exposure of millions!

time seemed to stand still, for days afterwards it was all I (or anyone else I know) watched and talked about.

seeing the towers fall live on TV was sickening.

I'm not religious and I dont mean this to sound sanctimonious, but whatever god those people prayed to, I hope he was there for them.

Except the people responsible...

7September 11th Thread Empty Re: September 11th Thread Tue Sep 04 2012, 14:44

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I was on the third floor of a pub in Lancaster, painting (long story), when I got a text off my best mate that read "Have you seen that shit in New York man? Jesus." Carried on painting for a while, went downstairs for a break a bit later, and everyone was watching it on telly.

8September 11th Thread Empty Re: September 11th Thread Tue Sep 04 2012, 15:12

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I dont believe the conspiracy idea at all.

9September 11th Thread Empty Re: September 11th Thread Tue Sep 04 2012, 15:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was induction day at college for me, was waiting for the bus sitting on the grass and word started to mumble around something bad had happened.

I got in the afternoon and watched the news non stop for the rest of the night.

10September 11th Thread Empty Re: September 11th Thread Tue Sep 04 2012, 16:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was cheese tasting.

11September 11th Thread Empty Re: September 11th Thread Tue Sep 04 2012, 16:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I was cheese tasting.

Nat were sharing where we actually were.

12September 11th Thread Empty Re: September 11th Thread Tue Sep 04 2012, 16:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Nat were sharing where we actually were.

I was cheese tasting in Manchester, I kid you not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum