Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » York City pre-season fixture confirmed

York City pre-season fixture confirmed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Bolton Wanderers will travel to Bootham Crescent to face York City in a pre-season fixture on Sunday 14 July 2019, KO 2pm.
With York Races occuring the day before, the decision was taken to hold the clash on the Sunday to avoid potential traffic problems.
Admission for the game meanwhile will cost £10 for adults and £5 for concessions.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Is it a five a side?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Chorley did the double over York.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Just as well we are not playing Chorley then.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Everybody bring your boots. Given the state of things even I might get a game here.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Just as well we are not playing Chorley then.

Give it 12 months.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Are they serious charging a tenner for a game like that?

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Are they serious charging a tenner for a game like that?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
No, they are giving you a tenner to attend. 

That's 12 days from now ..... will be interesting to say the least.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Who's driving the coach?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Who's driving the coach?

I think the coach is driving himself, Parky and the two keepers and the rest are going in Jason Lowe's car because it already has a child seat fitted in it.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Who's driving the coach?

I think the coach is driving himself, Parky and the two keepers and the rest are going in Jason Lowe's car because it already has a child seat fitted in it.

Very Happy 

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
i hope they don't go on strike !!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Are they serious charging a tenner for a game like that?

Actually it sounds like a decent trip out, if you make a weekend of it.

Get to York early, have a nice lunch, afternoon at the match whilst the ladies shop, meet up in the centre have a pleasant dinner and perhaps a little stroll on the wall to walk some of it off.  Next day visit the Minster, nice lunch again, stroll down the Shambles and possibly finish off with a visit to the Jorvick Viking Centre, if you are interested in a bit of history.

Personally I'd recommend the York Castle Museum which I found fascinating - it was started by a doctor whose patients sometimes couldn't afford his fees and paid him with all sorts of bartered goods - so it contains loads of stuff that you will no doubt remember from your childhoods!

There's always the National Railway Museum too.  

You could even have a evening cruise on the river Ouse!

A good weekend out if you've never done York before.

In fact book the hotel for Sunday night as well!

I'd certainly be tempted if I didn't live so faraway.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Are they serious charging a tenner for a game like that?

Actually it sounds like a decent trip out, if you make a weekend of it.

Get to York early, have a nice lunch, afternoon at the match whilst the ladies shop, meet up in the centre have a pleasant dinner and perhaps a little stroll on the wall to walk some of it off.  Next day visit the Minster, nice lunch again, stroll down the Shambles and possibly finish off with a visit to the Jorvick Viking Centre, if you are interested in a bit of history.

Personally I'd recommend the York Castle Museum which I found fascinating - it was started by a doctor whose patients sometimes couldn't afford his fees and paid him with all sorts of bartered goods - so it contains loads of stuff that you will no doubt remember from your childhoods!

There's always the National Railway Museum too.  

You could even have a evening cruise on the river Ouse!

A good weekend out if you've never done York before.

In fact book the hotel for Sunday night as well!

I'd certainly be tempted if I didn't live so faraway.

Sounds like the only way you could improve this trip is by not bothering going to the game. Smile

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Wow 😮 
Whilst the ladies shop 😂

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Had a great boozy few days in York a couple of years ago so well worth a trip, just don't spoil it by going to watch us play  Very Happy

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Friendly against Odham also confirmed for 27th July.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Bolton Wanderers will travel to Boundary Park for a pre-season clash with Oldham Athletic on Saturday 27 July 2019, KO 3pm.
Away fans will be able to pay on the day with cash turnstiles and the option for card payments only at the Ticket Office.
The Whites’ supporters will be located in the Chadderton Road End of the ground with prices as follows:

Adults: £10
Concessions: £5
Under-18s: £1

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Wow 😮 
Whilst the ladies shop 😂
Controversial sexist comment from Sluffy!!

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I remember being very young and at Oldhams ground. It was snowing and was fairly deep. We were behind the goals and when the Oldhams goaly was in front of us we pelted him with snowballs all through the half and particularly when Bolton were attacking. I remember he loved it so much and he kept saying thank you when one landed on his napper.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I remember a nasty incident at Oldham. Wanderers supporters were waiting outside for the turnstiles to open, and one of the lads was sitting on a garden wall.
The house owner came out and told him to get off, but he refused. The guy then went to his garage and came back with a baseball bat, with which he threatened the lad again. He still refused to budge, saying he wasn't doing any harm.
With that, the guy gave him an almighty crack on the upper arm, resulting in 30 or 40 Wanderers supporters piling into his garden, and giving him a good kicking.
The police were called by the guy's distraught wife, and they starting rounding up supporters on a clearly random basis. I wasn't involved in the incident but I thought at one point they were going to grab me, and I wasn't sure how I'd explain it away to my dad.
I'm a lover, not a fighter. Very Happy

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Crazy times and so long ago Crying or Very sad.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Crazy times and so long ago Crying or Very sad.
Alright, don't rub it in! Shocked

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Its ok if they lose to York as long as they try their best. It doesnt matter if they lose 7-0.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum