Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WAR: IRAN admits to taking British ship.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Iran have admitted to seizing a British ship illegally and for no reason.

Yep you guessed it.... Jezza has said we need to wait for the evidence and America is to blame.

You couldn't make it up.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No simple explanation for this. The Republican Guard are their own bosses and the navigable channels through the Straits of Hormuz are variable depending on the RGs interpretation of the 12 mile zone. The channels run through Iranian waters at one stage and some RG blokes plot territorial waters with a straight line while others do it to correct standards. The Brit ship was also alleged to have had its AIS off. 
We really can't do nothing until all the evidence is in. We could of course, as some want, nuke the bastards from space but that gets us our wrists slapped by the UN.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No need to nuke. Some normal weapons will be fine.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No need to nuke. Some normal weapons will be fine.

And we can "fucking come and get her [Nazanin Ratcliffe] out" at the same time. Rolling Eyes

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We could certainly investigate a way of doing it.

I'm sure we'll get her out by doing what we're doing now though....

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Get your filthy hands off my desert.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Apart from our usual contempt for foreigners who dare to violate anything British, we need to take notice of a country and leaders who are very adept at pushing the boundaries in, at the moment, international politics, and won't be a pushover should events turn into a military confrontations. Personally, I would like to see us go in and take the ship, but that's a pipe-dream that isn't going to happen. The way things are going, we'll end up with three armed rowing boats on the Serpentine.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Meant to say, this is a good pointer to all those who say we don't need armed forces We rather obviously do, and rather more than we have, as we cannot always decide what situations are forced upon us.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I am no pacifist but we have to be realistic about what we can do. We are no longer a world power and it is a waste of money to increase defence expenditure. We already spend more on defence than any other European country.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

That'll be why we haven't seen any European ships in the area then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum