Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bury expelled from EFL

+11
BoltonTillIDie
Ten Bobsworth
wanderlust
Hip Priest
rammywhite
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
karlypants
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Bury expelled from EFL Empty Bury expelled from EFL Tue Aug 27 2019, 23:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just confirmed, Bury are no more, fuck the EFL

The EFL Board met earlier this evening and, after a long and detailed discussion, determined that Bury FC’s membership of the English Football League be withdrawn after the deadline passed at 5pm today (Tuesday 27 August) without a successful resolution.
Despite repeated requests to its owner Mr Dale over a sustained period of time, the necessary evidence in respect of how the Club would meet its financial commitments, has simply not been provided and, as a result, attentions turned to securing new ownership at the Club.
At its meeting on 24 August 2019, the Board agreed a short extension to 5pm today (Tuesday 27 August) to enable Mr Dale and the Club to explore the possibility of a proposed sale with C&N Sporting Risk Limited, with Mr Dale having accepted their offer. Following due diligence, C&N Sporting Risk Limited opted not to pursue its interest.  
Therefore, having fully considered all available options, including a number of late expressions of interest provided to the EFL, the EFL Board has unanimously determined with enormous regret that Bury’s membership be withdrawn.
The EFL Board had maintained that there could be no further suspensions to the fixture list and that these ongoing concerns and the integrity of the competition were a significant factor in the decision.
Recent events have highlighted how decisions taken at Bury FC over the last few seasons have caused the Club and individuals close to it significant financial distress and there are a number of matters which, in our view, will require further investigation.
League One will now comprise of 23 Clubs for the remainder of the campaign and relegation places in the division reduced to three, which will result in a full complement of 24 Clubs in 2020/21. A discussion will take place with EFL Clubs on the consequential impact in League Two when Clubs next meet in September 2019.
Debbie Jevans CBE, EFL Executive Chair, said: “Today is undoubtedly one of the darkest days in the League’s recent history. The EFL has worked determinedly and tirelessly to avoid this outcome and it is with a heavy heart that this situation has been forced upon us.
“The EFL has to place the integrity of our competitions at the heart of every decision we make, and we simply cannot allow this unacceptable situation to continue or countenance the prospect of postponing further fixtures.
“I understand this will be a deeply upsetting and devastating time for Bury’s players, staff, supporters and the wider community. There is no doubt today’s news will be felt across the entire football family.
“No one wanted to be in this position but following repeated missed deadlines, the suspension of five League fixtures, in addition to not receiving the evidence we required in regard to financial commitments and a possible takeover not materialising; the EFL Board has been forced to take the most difficult of decisions.”

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august/bury-fc-membership-of-the-league-withdrawn/

2Bury expelled from EFL Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL Tue Aug 27 2019, 23:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolutely awful.

3Bury expelled from EFL Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL Tue Aug 27 2019, 23:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Poor Bury.

I always considered them my second club and after our own result was the one I looked for.

Feel very sorry for their fans.

4Bury expelled from EFL Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL Tue Aug 27 2019, 23:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never thought it would come to this, very sad night, We have to make sure we don't go the same route.

Last edited by Norpig on Tue Aug 27 2019, 23:31; edited 1 time in total

5Bury expelled from EFL Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL Tue Aug 27 2019, 23:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Got to feel for the Bury supporters. If we go under I'm done with football.

6Bury expelled from EFL Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL Tue Aug 27 2019, 23:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Got to feel for the Bury supporters. If we go under I'm done with football.

At least you will still have your slippers!

Chin up mate, we're going to get out of this somehow and you're going to be tormenting me for years to come about the ST!

Very Happy

7Bury expelled from EFL Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL Tue Aug 27 2019, 23:43

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Terrible news!  Hopefully they come back from this.

8Bury expelled from EFL Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL Wed Aug 28 2019, 00:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Got to feel for the Bury supporters. If we go under I'm done with football.

Chin up mate, we're going to get out of this somehow and you're going to be tormenting me for years to come about the ST!

Very Happy
Listen mate, if we can get through this I promise never to mention the ST again. This is a sad night for Bury, and a shameful night for football.

9Bury expelled from EFL Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL Wed Aug 28 2019, 00:09

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We need a miracle. But they seem to be in short supply these days. Just got off the blower to my uncle who's been a Shaker's season ticket holder for nearly sixty years. He's in tears, absolutely heartbroken. It's the worst I've heard him since my aunt passed away a few years back and I fear this may even hasten his departure.

Right now I'm seriously peeved with the whole business of football. I'm fuming with Dale, the EFL, the Premier League, Sky Sports and the massive inequities that allow some clubs to make billion pound profits while others are biting the dust over debts that wouldn't cause a dent in the 'big clubs' petty cash box.

10Bury expelled from EFL Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL Wed Aug 28 2019, 00:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Very Happy
Listen mate, if we can get through this I promise never to mention the ST again. This is a sad night for Bury, and a shameful night for football.

We'll get out of it.

Anderson will get his money - James seems to be stumping up half of it already (the £3.75m he's just put in)

And we'll live to fight another day.

And I'll waive your offer not to irritate about the ST!

Tbh I think there's more chance of the ST folding than the club!

11Bury expelled from EFL Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL Wed Aug 28 2019, 00:21

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I really hope you're right sluffy. The news that James is already putting money in is awesome assuming it's actually happening. I know it sounds cynical but I'm sick of the false dawns and rumours that keep turning out to be false. And given what's happened to Bury I don't think anyone should assume that we're going to be any different.

I hope and pray we are different and this gets sorted out but I fear the worst now.

12Bury expelled from EFL Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL Wed Aug 28 2019, 00:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

luckyPeterpiper wrote:We need a miracle. But they seem to be in short supply these days. Just got off the blower to my uncle who's been a Shaker's season ticket holder for nearly sixty years. He's in tears, absolutely heartbroken. It's the worst I've heard him since my aunt passed away a few years back and I fear this may even hasten his departure.

Right now I'm seriously peeved with the whole business of football. I'm fuming with Dale, the EFL, the Premier League, Sky Sports and the massive inequities that allow some clubs to make billion pound profits while others are biting the dust over debts that wouldn't cause a dent in the 'big clubs' petty cash box.

Peter, if you can find sometime and go and see your uncle, he'll be in mourning and will need support.

I believe Bolton will survive but we are going to find it hard on and off the pitch.

In a funny way how it was when I first started watching the club getting relegated from the first, then second and down to the third when Jimmy Armfield turned us around.

I enjoyed those days and again with Ian Greaves and yet again with Bruce Rioch than all the times we were in the top division and even Europe.

I think it was the joy of beating the odds positively, by getting promotions, rather than beating them negatively, by doggedly defending and staying up.

People are happier when we win and bloody miserable when we aren't - and that's all that it's about - not which division we are in.

Make time for your uncle Peter and give him regular support, I think he will need it.

(Hope you don't mind my comments - they are well intended).

13Bury expelled from EFL Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL Wed Aug 28 2019, 00:41

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I appreciate the comments mate. Uncle Dave's daughter (my cousin) and her husband are already there and they're going to stay with him for a few days. One advantage of all of us being in our forties and fifties is that our kids are now pretty much all grown up in their own right so we can just drop everything and go when needed.

My dad and I are going to see Uncle Dave on Saturday, hopefully we'll be able to find some way to lift his spirits a bit. But how do you make it feel better for a guy who spent almost six DECADES following his club home and away through thick and thin? It's honestly a heartbreaker for any real football fan I think.

14Bury expelled from EFL Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL Wed Aug 28 2019, 01:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I appreciate the comments mate. Uncle Dave's daughter (my cousin) and her husband are already there and they're going to stay with him for a few days. One advantage of all of us being in our forties and fifties is that our kids are now pretty much all grown up in their own right so we can just drop everything and go when needed.

My dad and I are going to see Uncle Dave on Saturday, hopefully we'll be able to find some way to lift his spirits a bit. But how do you make it feel better for a guy who spent almost six DECADES following his club home and away through thick and thin? It's honestly a heartbreaker for any real football fan I think.

Suggest you take him to a local youth's match - there most be some local non league teams (Radcliffe Borough or similar) I doubt he would be interested much in the seniors (otherwise he would already be watching them) but they must have a younger youth team I would imagine, maybe he'd get enjoyment watching them progress and follow their careers - give him back a bit of interest in football again perhaps?

Maybe give it three or four weeks and then surprise him one day, don't tell him where you are taking him and just surprise him.

He may not take to it but it's something different yet still football.

Worth a go I would say - nice afternoon out with him if nothing else!

15Bury expelled from EFL Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL Wed Aug 28 2019, 07:53

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sorry for Bury fans but it is pretty sick that so much money is being made in the Prem (£465m in 2017/18 and a lot more in 2018/19). It really is all about the money these days.

16Bury expelled from EFL Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL Wed Aug 28 2019, 07:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now we're bottom.

17Bury expelled from EFL Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL Wed Aug 28 2019, 14:10

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Let's welcome all the Bury fans to BWFC.......well for 14 more days at least Cool

18Bury expelled from EFL Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL Wed Aug 28 2019, 14:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't think 30 extra fans is gonna help us.

19Bury expelled from EFL Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL Wed Aug 28 2019, 14:54

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Watching Ramsbottom United is a decent afternoon out

20Bury expelled from EFL Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL Wed Aug 28 2019, 21:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sluffy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Very Happy

We'll get out of it.

Anderson will get his money - James seems to be stumping up half of it already (the £3.75m he's just put in)

And we'll live to fight another day.

And I'll waive your offer not to irritate about the ST!

Tbh I think there's more chance of the ST folding than the club!

Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum