Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton boss Keith Hill voices concern over resistance to change

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keith Hill has reiterated his view that a sea-change is necessary in the Wanderers youth ranks.

The Bolton boss has been forthright in his belief that a shake-up is needed in the academy after reviewing the young players at his disposal.

His remarks a fortnight ago that club required “football specimens, not gym bunnies” caused a stir at Lostock but Hill has now revisited the topic – insisting his words should not cause offence.

“I think people have criticised me this week, suggesting I have attacked the youth team, or the younger players in the squad,” he told The Bolton News. “Don’t be offended. It’s a challenge and I want to know who is going to stand up to it.

“Who wants to play for Keith Hill? Who wants to play for Bolton Wanderers? What have you got to do?

“We have got a list of DNA criteria you need to have as a player. Everybody should be able to achieve it and play for us. I am challenging people, and nobody likes to change, do they?

“What worries me is that people are opposing necessary changes at this football club, necessary to survive financially. We can’t go back to frivolous spending.

“I love developing players and I am brutally honest about it but unfortunately people get offended by it.”

Hill is determined to generate funding by developing youth and making Wanderers more sustainable in the future and says he and assistant David Flitcroft have a clear blueprint for the style of player they want to bring through the ranks.

“There is an identity and a style of play,” he said. “We have got young players who I believe fit into that.

“Callum (King-Harmes) was on the bench because we feel as though, if he spends time with us, we can develop him into our type of player, it’s as simple as that.

“Don’t fear change, don’t fear challenge, don’t go and hide in an office somewhere – get out on the training pitch, do your job, be a coach.”

Asked to clarify who his comments were directed towards, Hill added: “Everybody. Everybody has to change.

“We went into administration because people refused to change. You can’t spend that type of money or run up that type of debt and expect there to be no change.”

Source

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sounds to me he's having a pop at the coaches.

All former players and mates.

All linked to Kelly and McGinlay too.

Interesting to see he's talking about the club surviving financially and they aren't helping.

"Don't go and hide in an office"!

So he reckons the kids lack basic ball skills and the coaches are sat in their office (with their mates like McGinlay free to stir the pot to the public like he did about Anderson.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Hill bringing in his academy staff sooner or later and replace this cosy clique.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hhmm, you might be right Sluffy. It does seem an odd thing to say.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It does indeed and when you look at this tweet from Iles in response to an article he wrote in advance of the Blackpool game 'Hill calls for a fresh start at Wanderers, it begins to add up!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t20144-leave-the-hate-behind-wanderers-boss-keith-hill-calls-for-fresh-start

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love Will Buckley.

It's a start. I can build on it. I won't go short of bricks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum