Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TV shows everyone loved, but you hated.

+10
Sluffy
okocha
doffcocker
Banks of the Croal
Cajunboy
karlypants
DEANO82
wanderlust
Norpig
boltonbonce
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I'm something of a pariah in our house because I hate most of what's on telly. Last week you'd find me happily watching box sets of The Larkins, and The Rag Trade. They still make me laugh.
Bet you still watch Torchy.
It's weird that in the early days of television everything was innovative and magical basically because we'd never seen anything like it before and by modern day standards it is very tame. I was 5 when Noggin came out and six when Four Feather Falls and Torchy came out but Gerry Anderson created stuff that was new, believable (despite the strings) and exciting for a kid. It's as though childhood lasted longer - and maybe it did.

But I used to love Robin Hood, Take Your Pick, Opportunity Knocks and Ivanhoe. Occasionally - when my nana was looking after us we'd be allowed to stay up to watch Benny Hill which was considered a bit risque in 1960 - my nana certainly blushed from time to time. And I'll never forget the theme tunes: Ivanhoe, Robin Hood, Champion the Wonder Horse etc.

I'm still excited by developments in filming technique - CGI blew me away - but despite how crap that old shit that old folk still like looks nowadays, back then it was as mind blowing as anything that happens nowadays.

Last edited by wanderlust on Sat Oct 19 2019, 01:12; edited 1 time in total

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On another note.....can't remember what it's called but the text editor that is used on here for messaging - a free generic thing that you can import into any web design - has a bit of a problem on here inasmuch that e.g. italics are locking in and can't be removed despite backspacing to where they were initiated. It's a very old ASP tool  I seem to remember from another life.....wondering if there's a bug mods?

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

okocha wrote:Killing Eve....started promisingly but any plot became less and less relevant, leaving the only intrigue as "how will she kill this week?"
Jodie Comer was brilliant, but the script of the second series was sadly lacking.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The Capture was interesting, but I can't pretend  to understand all of it.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Fireball XL5 and Supercar were good for their time.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I think this thread has become a nostalgia fest for tv shows we loved not hated.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breaking bad is good but is vastly overrated. 

It should not be in the best show ever conversations.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Top Gear used to wind me up. I just don't think they were as funny as some folk cracked them up to be and Clarkson in particular is/was an annoying twat in need of a good slap.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Formula 1. I don't mind seeing 2 minutes of highlights if it's a good race but it just goes on for hours and hours and some sad muppets - one of my sons included - even watch the practice runs. Even at it's best it's a 2 or 3 horse race unless there's a massive pile up, so I don't get why the rest even bother.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I quite enjoy a pile up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum