Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Keith Hill on transfer embargo 'challenge'

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keith Hill is confident he will be able to improve his Wanderers squad next month despite being heavily restricted by a transfer embargo.

As a result of going into administration in May, Bolton face restrictions on the number of professional contracts they can register with the EFL and the size of salary they can offer.

The club is unable to pay transfer or loan fees but, insists Hill, there is scope in the budget to bring in new signings – with a central midfielder thought to be high on the priority list.

“The embargo is a bigger challenge than I ever expected,” he told The Bolton News. “I didn’t realise the ramifications of how it could hinder us.

“But it is a challenge which can be circumnavigated, definitely. We can’t challenge the thing itself but we can be creative on our recruitment and retained list.

“Whether you look at it that we’re on a jail sentence and on tag, or we’ve been in intensive care and we’re coming out of surgery, it is what it is. We will deal with it.

“Recruitment within our financial structure is key and it’s absolutely achievable.”

Hill has also pledged that there will be no return to the days of overspending at Wanderers on his watch.

Wage bills and overheads associated with the Premier League era proved unsustainable after relegation seven years ago and eventually pushed the club into administration.

Hill believes the Football Ventures consortium will bring back financial order.

“From a footballing standpoint you look back not so long ago and there were massive, massive successes at this club,” he said. “I tip my cap to the managers, players and the supporters who were part of that.

“But financially we’re talking a different kettle of fish. It’s a flip of a 50 pence coin on how you view it. The new consortium and sorting that all out now.

“What I am sure of is that we will thrive in the future on a more solid financial foundation which will serve the club for years and years to come.

“There will be good investment, sound investment. We want to try and use the historical success of this football club to spur on and challenge a new group of players to go and do it again.

“As a manager, I can’t prophesise what has happened here, financially. I just can’t.

“You have got the wrong person in charge if you want success on a false economy.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum