Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton sign Muhammadu Faal

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton sign Muhammadu Faal Empty Bolton sign Muhammadu Faal Mon Jan 06 2020, 22:06

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BOLTON have beaten several Premier League big boys to the signing of non-league star Muhammadu Faal.

Enfield Town striker Faal – cousin of Liverpool defender Joe Gomez – was being eyed up by the likes of Norwich, Watford, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth and Crystal Palace.

But the promise of first-team football for the 22-year-old convinced him to join the Trotters.

Faal has joined the League One side on a free, and has been handed an 18-month contract, earning £800-a-week.

He said: "It feels great to be here. I am ecstatic to have got the deal done and I just can't wait to get started."

"First and foremost, I want to say I will work hard for this team. The team always comes first."

"But saying that, I like to get on the ball and score goals. I am looking forward to showing the fans what I can do."

The frontman lit up the non-league scene this season with 24 goals in 25 appearances before making the jump into the third tier of English football.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10683131/bolton-premier-league-signing-joe-gomez-cousin/

WANDERERS have moved to sign a striker some are billing as the ‘next Jamie Vardy’.

Muhammadu “Mo” Faal has scored 24 goals in all competitions for Enfield this season, attracting the interest of dozens of clubs – including Premier League Watford and Crystal Palace.

The 22-year-old qualifies to play for Gambia and started out in professional football with Italian Serie C side L’Aquila. He moved back to England to play for Dulwich Hamlet and Kingstonian and after scoring a raft of goals for Enfield in the Isthmian Premier League has now landed a big move to the North West.

Faal, who has signed an 18-month deal, is also second cousin to Liverpool centre-back Joe Gomez through his father’s side of the family.

On signing for the club, he said: "It feels great to be here. I am ecstatic to have got the deal done and I just can't wait to get started.

"First and foremost, I want to say I will work hard for this team. The team always comes first.

"But saying that, I like to get on the ball and score goals. I am looking forward to showing the fans what I can do."

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/18140803.bolton-snatch-striker-mo-faal-ahead-crystal-palace-watford/

2Bolton sign Muhammadu Faal Empty Re: Bolton sign Muhammadu Faal Mon Jan 06 2020, 22:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3Bolton sign Muhammadu Faal Empty Re: Bolton sign Muhammadu Faal Fri Nov 06 2020, 17:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

4Bolton sign Muhammadu Faal Empty Re: Bolton sign Muhammadu Faal Mon Nov 09 2020, 13:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:

Enfield Town striker Faal – cousin of Liverpool defender Joe Gomez – was being eyed up by the likes of Norwich, Watford, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth and Crystal Palace.

But the promise of first-team football for the 22-year-old convinced him to join the Trotters.
That'll be right...

5Bolton sign Muhammadu Faal Empty Re: Bolton sign Muhammadu Faal Mon Nov 09 2020, 13:22

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it did look positive Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum