Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Keith Hill's post-match outburst - Not on the same page!

+2
Sluffy
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keith Hill vented his frustration after the final whistle as Wanderers were beaten 2-0 at Rochdale.

Goals from Luke Matheson and Jimmy Ryan ensured a much-changed Bolton remained rooted to the bottom of the League One table.

There was a stunning reaction from the Bolton boss afterwards, however, as he rallied against outside expectation that he feels is way wide of the mark.

“Nobody is on the same page whether it’s the press, the football club, whether it’s the staff, the players or the academy at this moment in time,” he said.

“[We are] 100 per cent committed to creating a new Bolton. There are people still living in the past, people still going on about what they did, what they haven’t done.

“I am sick to death of listening to what they did the last time they were in League One. I am sick to death of being criticised for putting a team together and putting my future at risk and nobody else’s. I am sick to death of all the criticism of this team and all that they are doing.

“Adam Chicksen has played today, probably his last game as we try to create a new team. I had a chat yesterday about playing, about the potential impact, and he’s as brave as a lion, did exactly what I wanted.

“I put my neck on the line. I came here because there is a massive rebuild and it’s not a one-game season – don’t compare me to Sam Allardyce, don’t compare me to Phil Parkinson the last time we were in League One because I haven’t got his budget, nowhere near, I am on a rebuild mission here.

“The consortium are 100 per cent in the loop on that plan.

Asked where he was getting criticism from, Hill added: “Press. Opinions. Everybody is tweeting, everybody is comparing to what they did last time. Everybody is comparing stats and facts.

“Get some reality, get some perspective and let’s start supporting this team so it makes itself clean and it makes sure that it exists beyond the financial perilous situation it was in last time where they were £140-160million overspend. We are not overspending, we are trying to create a new team identity, a new football club.

“It won’t happen overnight and if a new manager comes in tomorrow it will be exactly the same problems.”

Hill was happy with Wanderers’ performance – Ethan Hamilton having hit both the post and the bar on his debut.

“I’m proud of the players, the spirit they have shown, the relentless energy they have brought to the table. The chances we had.

“I won’t dispute the possession Rochdale had. They are a good side in possession and I love the way they play. But there is probably eight years’ work and the continuity from Brian (Barry-Murphy), the players, the layering system. It’s good to watch but we were well in the game.

“I am pleased for players and I will support the players. I want to be given the opportunity to build my team, the identity of the supporters, and what they expect from underneath the shirt was there today.

“Clean it up with good footballing decisions and we become a good team.”

Source

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Remarkable outburst.

I assume with his previous comments about the academy players that he's having an internal war with Phillips, Lee (note he even specifically mentioned the academy this time in his comments).

I'm wondering with his comments about the press and the cosy relationship that Iles has/had with people like McGinlay (and the academy side) and Wheater (and the playing/coaching side) whether he's a target of his wroth as well?

I can't say I've noticed much that Iles has said publicly to upset him but I've no doubts whatsoever that the 'old guard' have been talking about Hill behind his back on the various 'closed' social media groupings - maybe he's been shown what they have been saying.

It wouldn't be the first time Iles has been too clever for his own good when he tweeted the picture of scrooge, clearly aimed directly at Anderson.

I don't doubt either that people are living in the past and still have no concept of the money side of the business even after all we've just been through.  They still can't grasp that as it stands Sharon with trading costs and payments from Administration is already a million or two out of pocket and she isn't be going to make that back anytime soon as the club sinks further towards relegation to the fourth tier.

A bad season at that level will in turn result in home attendance (and thus revenue) plummeting even further.

He's right to get the club going in one direction but I'm getting the impression from his outburst that some/many simply don't see him as the man to lead it and consequentially are not behind him.

Dirty washing should not be laundered in public.

It would have been better for Hill to speak his mind to his boss behind closed doors and if any heads did need knocking together Sharon/Emma should be the ones doing it.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Wasn't it always going to be only a matter of time before the cracks started appearing?

Lets be honest, Sharon and Emma are both newbies, the majority of the  club's owners have never shown any prior interest in BWFC (or footie at all) and Michael James is wisely keeping a low profile.

Still, there's always the ST to come to the rescue isn't there?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was a bit over the top but he does have a point. Some of our fans are clueless. they expect us to stay up this season even after the -12 points and having to assemble a team in 48 hours. Most of the players he did get in were bargain basement and not wanted elsewhere so is it really a surprise where we are?

Some of our fans need to get their heads out their arse and appreciate we still have a club to watch this season and to forget about the last time we were in league 1. They are practically 2 different clubs and can't be compared.

Hill needs to start planning for league 2 now as is 99% certain we will go down now. Judge him at this time next year not now when he's inherited a shit storm.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree mate. Bit of an odd rant, but, like you, I see his point. At the start of the season I felt that if, and it was a big if, we could get a run going and knock off the deficit quickly, we might be in with a shout.
Unfortunately we haven't managed it, and we have, now, to start planning for a season in League 2.
The teams around us aren't going to stand still and wait for us to catch up. As Norpig said, we still have a club, and I for one, see that as the big win.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:It was a bit over the top but he does have a point. Some of our fans are clueless. they expect us to stay up this season even after the -12 points and having to assemble a team in 48 hours. Most of the players he did get in were bargain basement and not wanted elsewhere so is it really a surprise where we are?

Some of our fans need to get their heads out their arse and appreciate we still have a club to watch this season and to forget about the last time we were in league 1. They are practically 2 different clubs and can't be compared.

Hill needs to start planning for league 2 now as is 99% certain we will go down now. Judge him at this time next year not now when he's inherited a shit storm.

I don't think the outburst was aimed at the fans at all.

I think it was aimed directly at the 'old guard' inside the club and their mates.

I think he's talking about the closed tweets, Instagram messages groups, etc they send to each other about him that someone has shown him.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It may not have been Sluffy but i do see lots of our fans on FB saying that we should sack Hill and that we should be doing much better just because we are Bolton Wanderers  Rolling Eyes

More likely to be the younger supporters i would guess as they haven't had to suffer as much like us old fella's  Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We should be doing much better. We are Bolton Wanderers.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not going well for you is it Nat? Chorley are shite as well  Laughing

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I support Liverpool.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I support Liverpool.

Glory hunter

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum