Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers v Tranmere likely line-ups, odds and all you need to know

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers go in search of a much-needed League One victory when Tranmere visit the UniBol on Saturday.

From likely line-ups to key men and the referee, all you need to know about the game can be found below.

Likely line-ups

Wanderers (4-2-3-1): Matthews, Emmanuel, Edwards, Nsiala, Fleming, Lowe, L Murphy, Dodoo, Darcy, Politic, D Murphy

Tranmere (3-4-3): Davies, Woods, Monthe, Ridehalgh, Caprice, Woodyard, Perkins, Wilson, Morris, Ferrier, Jennings.

Opposition manager

Micky Mellon: Former Fleetwood and Shrewsbury boss who has led Tranmere to two promotions since taking charge in October 2016. Since climbing into League One the going has been tougher – but Tranmere have games in hand on the sides above them and currently sit in 22nd spot, 14 points ahead of Wanderers.

Headline news

James Vaughan is excited to get going after completing a loan move to Tranmere Rovers, joining new signings Peter Clarke and Alex Woodyard (Tranmere Official)

Interest from Portsmouth in Tranmere defender Manny Monthe has faded, leaving him likely to remain a Tranmere player for the rest of this season (Liverpool Echo)

Hartlepool’s powerful front man Gime Toure has been linked with a move to Tranmere in the last 24 hours of the transfer window (Hartlepool Mail)

Who makes them tick?

At the back: Manny Monthe – Powerful Cameroonian defender who has been a model of consistency for Tranmere this season.

In the middle: Alex Woodyard – Peterborough United midfielder who has now made a loan switch to Prenton Park. A very capable player on his day.

Up front: Keiron Morris – Livewire who has created more than anyone else in the Rovers squad and has four goals to his name.

They said it

“I genuinely think in all honesty, we were the better side, I think in the second half it became even and it became a bit of a wrestle and a stalemate.

“But I always had that worry in my mind that it wasn’t going to be the players how this game goes, and unfortunately, I was right, so that’s the frustration.

“The boys had a right good go against a Sunderland side who are going really well. There’s things we have to get better at, but we handled a tough pitch well, so the performance was there” – Micky Mellon reviews a narrow 1-0 defeat against Sunderland at Prenton Park

Head-to-head

Played – 37

Wanderers wins – 16

Draws – 11

Tranmere wins – 10

Bookies’ odds

Bolton win – 8/5

Draw – 12/5

Tranmere win – 15/8

Referee

Scott Oldham: Lancashire referee who has given out 77 yellow cards and four reds in his 26 games this season. All four reds have come in his last 10 outings. He last came across Bolton in their 4-3 defeat against Burton earlier this month, in which he sent off Jason Lowe.

Fixture trends

Wanderers’ last home loss to Tranmere was in December 1999 when goals from Bob Taylor and Eidur Gudjohnsen failed to halt a 3-2 defeat at the Reebok.

The Whites were also beaten when Tranmere last visited town in the FA Cup. Ian Hume and Eugene Dadi scored the goals for the Merseysiders with Ricky Shakes grabbing a consolation.

Wanderers lost the corresponding fixture 5-0 at Prenton Park, with Morgan Ferrier scoring two of the goals in what was Phil Parkinson’s last game in charge.

Trivia

Former Tranmere boss Les Parry released a charity single in December 2006 called “I’m Les the White Legs Parry” to the tune of Christmas classic “Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer”.

Tickets

Adults £20, Concessions £10

League One fixtures

Accrington v AFC Wimbledon, Wanderers v Tranmere, Bristol Rovers v Coventry, Fleetwood v Doncaster, Ipswich v Peterborough, MK Dons v Wycombe, Oxford v Blackpool, Portsmouth v Sunderland, Rochdale v Shrewsbury, Rotherham v Burton, Southend v Lincoln.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum