Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Squad options can create winning environment, says Keith Hill

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keith Hill believes greater competition in his squad can inspire an upturn in results for Wanderers between now and the end of the season.

After getting back to winning ways against Tranmere Rovers on Saturday the Bolton boss gave two of his new signings, Ryan Delaney and Jacob Mellis, a run in the development squad on Monday night.

Joe Bunney, Jack Hobbs and Ali Crawford are also on the comeback trail, while on-loan Tottenham midfielder Anthony Georgiou will also be available for selection for this weekend’s game against Coventry City.

Since taking charge Hill has rarely had the option of changing his team extensively – let alone a winning one – but believes the added options can allow him to keep performance levels higher across the board.

“As a manager all you can do is recruit players for specific positions but then it’s over the them, they have to perform and buy into what you’re asking of them,” he told The Bolton News.

“It is great to be able to look at a group of players now and say that they are responsible for their performances. And look at this fella we have just brought in – if you don’t perform I can change it now.

“We haven’t had that and it’s what I need. I think competition is what promotes a winning environment.”

Confidence boosted by the weekend’s result, Wanderers now look to put back-to-back league wins together for only the second time this season and continue their efforts to reel in the clubs above them.

“It’s always a better working week when you get three points,” Hill said.

“I want the players to enjoy that three-point feeling because it’s important as a competitor, as a winner. The win means everything to the players and the supporters who come watching them.

“Giving up is never an option for me and I have only ever seen the players give up once, and that was probably Accrington,” he said. “That disappointed me.

“I haven’t seen it other than that and I’ll always stand by them, always be one of them.

“I am sure that the supporters will as well.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum