Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

That time of year again

+6
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
Banks of the Croal
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1That time of year again Empty That time of year again Thu Sep 13 2012, 21:58

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Here in deepest East Lancashire it's getting quite cold in the evenings and at nights now.

Has anyone put their heating on or the fire yet?

I just couldn't face it so I just put some clothes on instead. I'm going to see how long I can go without putting the heating on and see if I can get to October before doing so.

2That time of year again Empty Re: That time of year again Thu Sep 13 2012, 21:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm trying to save on my heating bills. I've stocked up with candles and I just walk around the house with a miners lamp.

3That time of year again Empty Re: That time of year again Thu Sep 13 2012, 22:05

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes the heating's on at the moment, it breaks my heart to do so, but i'm outnumbered by the weaklings in our house.

4That time of year again Empty Re: That time of year again Thu Sep 13 2012, 22:08

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Get their cardies out Banks.

5That time of year again Empty Re: That time of year again Thu Sep 13 2012, 22:12

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Banks of the Croal wrote:Yes the heating's on at the moment, it breaks my heart to do so, but i'm outnumbered by the weaklings in our house.

Same, I am in a constant battle turning the heating off (on the sly)

6That time of year again Empty Re: That time of year again Thu Sep 13 2012, 22:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's always winter here.

7That time of year again Empty Re: That time of year again Thu Sep 13 2012, 22:20

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't like winter. I used to love the cosiness of it, but I'm very outdoorsy these days.

I hate central heating - it just makes the house clammy. I'd genuinely rather put a jumper on, or failing that sit in front of the fire.

8That time of year again Empty Re: That time of year again Thu Sep 13 2012, 22:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When you are sitting in front of that fire just remember that someone has to pay the heating bills. I would recommend a Damart vest and undershorts. You will save a fortune on heating bills.

9That time of year again Empty Re: That time of year again Thu Sep 13 2012, 22:33

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:When you are sitting in front of that fire just remember that someone has to pay the heating bills. I would recommend a Damart vest and undershorts. You will save a fortune on heating bills.

Hear hear.

10That time of year again Empty Re: That time of year again Thu Sep 13 2012, 22:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hot water bottles still work a treat. Cheap and economical and you only need to boil a kettle.

11That time of year again Empty Re: That time of year again Thu Sep 13 2012, 22:41

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, a hot water bottle is fantastic for cold feet and the kids love them too!

12That time of year again Empty Re: That time of year again Thu Sep 13 2012, 22:56

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:When you are sitting in front of that fire just remember that someone has to pay the heating bills. I would recommend a Damart vest and undershorts. You will save a fortune on heating bills.

I'm as conscious about the bills as my dad is, who pays them. We've found that the fire works out miles cheaper than the radiators. But even the fire I only use as a last resort.

13That time of year again Empty Re: That time of year again Thu Sep 13 2012, 23:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you can get hold of some goose fat it's brilliant for smearing on your chest. Just make sure you have a shower the next morning.

14That time of year again Empty Re: That time of year again Fri Sep 14 2012, 06:34

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Also trying to hold out until at least end of October, mainly because it wasn't switched off until later than normal, earlier this year. It normally gets switched off in March but this year it was beginning of May. Saying that I have dug out last years jumpers and pullovers!

15That time of year again Empty Re: That time of year again Fri Sep 14 2012, 08:06

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Don't be so bloody tight- get the heating on.

16That time of year again Empty Re: That time of year again Fri Sep 14 2012, 11:42

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Try going to bed with two women very cosy.

17That time of year again Empty Re: That time of year again Fri Sep 14 2012, 12:02

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Two women- you must be joking. Ones enough- and at my age that exhausts me

18That time of year again Empty Re: That time of year again Fri Sep 14 2012, 12:08

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Always take our "summer" holidays in autumn/winter.

Avoids the dark and cold and is much cheaper than school hols

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum