Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers appoint head of football operations

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers appoint head of football operations 10993476

Bolton Wanderers have appointed Tobias Phoenix as the club’s head of football operations.

Phoenix moves to the UniBol having been the director of football at Macclesfield Town.

In a statement Wanderers said: “The role will see Phoenix lead on the club’s overarching football strategy from the academy to the first team.”

Phoenix said: “I am thrilled and excited to have accepted this tremendous opportunity to work at such a historic football club.

“The owners have a vision for a successful future for Bolton Wanderers and I’m honoured to play a key role in this.”

Wanderers CEO Emma Beaugeard said: “I’d like to welcome Tobias to Bolton Wanderers.

“He brings with him

a wealth of football operations experience which will benefit the football club as we move forward.”

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So does that mean Kenyon is not involved now then?

Great name by the way  Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:So does that mean Kenyon is not involved now then?

Hopefully an appropriate name.
This is operations which usually relates to the day to day running of the club whereas I thought Kenyon's role was about identifying and approaching potential players, but I may be mistaken.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

This is what Macclesfield said about him -

Club Statement: Tobias Phoenix

Macclesfield Town would like to place on record our most sincere thanks to Tobias Phoenix, as he leaves the club to take up the Head of Football Operations role at Bolton Wanderers.

Tobias has been a dedicated and passionate servant of the Football Club, overseeing all aspects of recruitment and playing an integral role behind the scenes here at the Moss Rose.

Not only has he been responsible for attracting great players to the Football Club, Tobias has also been instrumental in the improvement of the facilities that we offer our First Team.

In particular, he helped to secure our contract with Egerton Youth Club as a training venue and also negotiated a new state of the art GPS system for the players to use which will be unveiled shortly.

Speaking to www.mtfc.co.uk, Tobias stated -

"Although I am moving on to pastures new, I am doing so with an incredibly heavy heart.

"There is no doubt in my mind that this club has the potential to achieve great things, but the opportunity to join a club such as Bolton Wanderers proved to be one that I could not let pass me by.

"I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to the staff and players at Macclesfield Town for their incredible commitment and belief through some difficult times.

"I would also like to thank the fans for supporting the group and like to personally ask them to continue with this because it really does make a difference."

Although Tobias will unquestionably be missed here at the Moss Rose, we are delighted that he has secured such a fantastic opportunity and wish him every success in the future.

https://www.mtfc.co.uk/news/2020/february/06.02.20-club-statement-tobias-phoenix/

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:So does that mean Kenyon is not involved now then?

Nobody really knows what Kenyon's involvement is.

Kenyon was the CEO at both Manchester United and Chelsea and was the lead bloke it trying to buy Premier League Newcastle from Mike Ashley last year, so it seems strange that he's suddenly turned up at a third division club, soon to be a fourth division one, simply to trawl the non-leagues and other clubs academies trying to identify undervalued player potential missed by everyone else??

Let's take him as described though, which seems to be he is the one with coming up with a ten year plan to make Bolton great again.

Phoenix's job seems to be to take the plan and put it into reality.

(Hill's job will simply to coach the players recruited from the plan).

Hope Sharon knows what she's doing because she seems to have recruited an awful lot of 'Chiefs', whilst having a very few places for 'Indians' in the squad, all who need to be paid from Division four attendances income. 

(Not to mention finding the £5.5m to settle EDT's outstanding loan).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum