Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"We believe" - Bolton boss on staying up and Zach Clough rumours

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keith Hill believes this weekend’s trip to face Coventry City could reveal a lot about his team’s survival instincts in League One.

Fresh from victory against Tranmere Rovers the Bolton boss says his team need to raise their standards further if they are to claim the 11 more wins he believes it will take to avoid relegation.

Promotion chasing Coventry are undefeated in their last seven league games but had to come through 120 minutes of FA Cup football in midweek before being beaten by Birmingham City on a penalty shoot-out.

Though few Whites fans realistically expect their side to overhaul the 17-point gap to safety – Hill says there is an appetite on the training ground to upset the odds.

“Are we good enough at this moment in time to perform consistently against the elite teams in League One? That is a big question we have got to ask ourselves over the next 18 games,” he told The Bolton News. “That is also the question I have been posing to the players who are representing me.

“It has been difficult but we knew what we coming into. I am pleased at how this club has developed but like anything in football you have to fast-track it.

“This group is very competitive. Nothing has been predetermined or decided, there are points available.

“We all believe in the Impossible Dream. Let’s write it down, try and make it happen.

“We have to win 11 games out of 18. It’s a big ask but it is achievable.

“We have to believe it but we also have to make it happen with performances, the way we train, all in it together.”

Hill also confirmed there was no approach for former Bolton striker Zach Clough, now at Nottingham Forest, during the January transfer window.

“I don’t know where it came from – unless someone at this football club is making calls on my behalf, which I don’t think they are,” he told us. “I know Zach really well and he’s a talented football player who has got to find his football feet again.

“And when he does that he’s going to be a smashing player for whoever he signs for, or Nottingham Forest.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum