Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lion of Vienna Suite - U Ok Hun?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lion of Vienna Suite - U Ok Hun? Empty Lion of Vienna Suite - U Ok Hun? Mon Feb 10 2020, 20:28

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did anyone see the article yesterday basically slating Remi Matthews because he responded to a tweet.  It was something like Are U Ok Hun? The Author was a certain Mr Manning, Remi responded to the post, defending himself and the fans were all over it, backing Remi.  They have now decided to remove the post and basically post up a new post saying how good Remi is....

2Lion of Vienna Suite - U Ok Hun? Empty Re: Lion of Vienna Suite - U Ok Hun? Mon Feb 10 2020, 21:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Did anyone see the article yesterday basically slating Remi Matthews because he responded to a tweet.  It was something like Are U Ok Hun? The Author was a certain Mr Manning, Remi responded to the post, defending himself and the fans were all over it, backing Remi.  They have now decided to remove the post and basically post up a new post saying how good Remi is....

I don't have much time for Manning or his blog site, so didn't see what he said but I've certainly seen the reaction to it all.

It's typical of Manning to troll and make personal attacks, I've certainly been at the end of many of them over the years.  His trolling even led to him having legal involvement taken against him from one of his targets, which led to his removal from him being editor of the LoV site and him deleting his twitter account that had been heading towards 100,000 tweets!

He's not seemed to learn a lesson from all of that though, and I noticed some weeks back that he was again on twitter.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but the general consensus of many including myself is that he knows exactly what he is doing in order to illicit a reaction (which is the definition of trolling).

He's seemed to have acquired a younger following and one or two seem to have modelled themselves on him, and are actively involved on the LoV.  Indeed from what I can make out their current editor has 'Hill out' under his twitter name - so much for fair and unbiased comment from that site then and obviously why Manning's piece was published - to attract attention - which includes 'hit's' to their site, which in turn raises how much they earn from the advertisers on their (or in other words deliberately 'click-baiting').

The fact that Matthews even responded to social media trolls like Manning in the first place isn't the best thing either, just imagine his state of mind if he's worked up and clearly emotional to comments on social media - God help him if the match day crowd get on his back - and from comments I've seen elsewhere that has already started!

If Mathews head/bottle goes then we only have the kid Alexander as a stand in.

Mathews contract is up at the end of the season - do you think right now he'd want to re-sign for us - and is he really a bad keeper as Manning has been deliberately making out for months now?

Just to put some context to this Manning and others may have genuinely thought Matthew had a bad game on Saturday but is that because they are biased about him in the first place?  Some blog who is completely independent of Bolton and Matthews thought he was the best keeper in the whole division that day - so who do you think is probably closest to stating the truth of the matter?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum