Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Music - They Don't Make Em Like They Used To

+4
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When I was growing up and driving my parents mad with loud rap music they'd often comment that my music was rubbish, not like the great artists of their day, they'd always say.

I always vowed I wouldn't be like my Mum & Dad and live in the past when it came to music, I'd move with the times and embrace new styles and genres.

However, the truth is I am just like them. I haven't bought a new album since 1999 and spend my days listening to tracks from the late 80's and early 90's. The same rap tracks I listened to 15-20 years ago.

Looking at recent "favourite album" threads it seems I'm not alone. Are you like me and living in the past when it comes to music or could you name the current top 10?

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I tried to keep interested in good contemporary music and when I had two teenage sons that helped but I've given up now.

One thing that still pleases me is that I bought the first Rage Against the Machine CD for myself, my eldest bought the second for himself and the youngest bought their third CD for himself.

Current popular music is garbage, as is mainstream Hip-Hop, Dance Music and Rock music.

There are plenty of quality artists though you just need to find them, rarely does a good song make it to radio, it's all on the internet.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I agree modern music is generally crap, Even the Arctic monkeys latest album is turd.

The Latest best album for me is Noel Gallagher's high flying birds, its great!

I'm an indie boy though so I cant really stand any hip hoppy stuff anyway, especially the more modern RnB ... what the fuck is that??? like danced up...well, crap!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're right nat.

but you can't deny this beat.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

That was suicide inducing.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:That was suicide inducing.

Laughing

Really? I just downloaded it

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Music - They Don't Make Em Like They Used To Thumbs-up

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:

Nice knowing you, pal.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In general current music is absolute tosh! (see that an 80's terminology word!!!)

Luckily I have an eclectic taste, but more on the side of Indie-rock, but it has to be searched as its not easily available en-masse. Apart from High Flying Birds one of my favourite groups at the moment is Ladyhawke.

Edit: Spelling mistake I just spotted.

Last edited by bwfc71 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My Delirium is a great song.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:My Delirium is a great song.

Agreed and so is "Black, White and Blue"

I know they are playing Manchester Academy 2 mid November (cant remember if its 13th or 14th) and I can't make it :-(. Hopefully try and make their next concert.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have just made the mistake of listening to Jive Turkeys nominated by HN in post 5. That's another 3 minutes of my life that I will never get back.

This kind of music floats my boat.

https://youtu.be/A1mPY9z4kvQ

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Out of today's music I will only listen to Coldplay and snow patrol, I live life on the edge.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum