Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers open doors to NHS staff during coronavirus crisis

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers are offering accommodation for NHS staff in the Bolton Whites Hotel during the coronavirus crisis.

The club has issued an open invitation for medical staff who are helping tackle to pandemic to stay while they are working, allowing some peace of mind if they need to distance themselves from families and loved ones.

A spokesman for the club said: “The NHS workers are heroes at this moment in time working in such challenging and unprecedented circumstances and trying to keep everyone in our community and the country at large as safe as they possibly can.

“We are more than delighted to provide necessary accommodation while they work so tirelessly around the clock, and any NHS worker who would like to take us up on the offer, please do get in contact.”

To contact the club for more details on their offer phone 01204 673 605.

More than 500,000 people have now joined the list of volunteers for the NHS to help deliver food and medicines, drive patients to appointments and phone the isolated.

Among them, ex-Wanderers skipper Kevin Davies who tweeted yesterday: “I have signed up as a volunteer for the @NHSuk as a thanks for everything they have done for my family over the years. Get signed up if you are fit and able or if you are already starting to go stir crazy!

The scheme is one of a number aimed at relieving pressure on the NHS.

PM Boris Johnson said he a wanted to offer "special thank you to everyone who has now volunteered to help the NHS".

He added: "And to all of you, and all the former NHS staff who are coming back into the service, I say thank you on behalf of the entire country."

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum