Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adam Bogdan: The future ?

+4
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Adam Bogdan: The future ? Empty Adam Bogdan: The future ? Thu Jan 05 2012, 19:24

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, I know his hair is the wrong colour but I have actually felt sorry for the lad this season. Up to last night against Everton he had only played four games all season.

He played at the Reebok against Macclesfield in the Carling Cup and we won 2-1.
He then played at Villa Park in the Carling Cup where he kept a clean sheet as we won 2-0.
His premier league baptism of fire was against Chelsea at home where we lost 5-1. He came in for some stick but the back four were equally culpable especially with the Luiz goal.
He then played at the Emirates in the Carling Cup where we narrowly lost 2-1.

By all accounts he gave a good account of himself at Everton and I don't think he had a chance with Howards freak punt.

Remember, Jussi conceded five goals against United at the Reebok earlier this season.

2Adam Bogdan: The future ? Empty Re: Adam Bogdan: The future ? Thu Jan 05 2012, 19:33

I just don't feel as safe with him in goal, for no real reason really.

I guess I'm just used to Jussi who, on the whole, has always had a safe pair of hands.

3Adam Bogdan: The future ? Empty Re: Adam Bogdan: The future ? Thu Jan 05 2012, 19:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jussi has been a great servant for us over the years. I went to his testimonial two seasons ago and there were nearly 11,000 there.

We have to plan for the future and now that Al Habsi has gone I genuinely think that Bogdan could turn out to be another Jussi.

I reckon Fergie messed up with the signing of De Gea. He doesn't look the business at all. Too busy scoffing doughnuts instead of concentrating on his football.

4Adam Bogdan: The future ? Empty Re: Adam Bogdan: The future ? Thu Jan 05 2012, 19:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bogdan looks shaky to me. He did nothing wrong last night but didn't have much to do in all honesty.

I don't want him in goal against United.

5Adam Bogdan: The future ? Empty Re: Adam Bogdan: The future ? Thu Jan 05 2012, 20:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Coyle will play Bogdan against Macclesfield on Saturday. I plan to give him the once over and will report further after the game.

6Adam Bogdan: The future ? Empty Re: Adam Bogdan: The future ? Thu Jan 05 2012, 21:22

Natasha Whittam wrote:Bogdan looks shaky to me. He did nothing wrong last night but didn't have much to do in all honesty.

no need to repeat yourself

7Adam Bogdan: The future ? Empty Re: Adam Bogdan: The future ? Thu Jan 05 2012, 21:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Abdul-Salam Bilal wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Bogdan looks shaky to me. He did nothing wrong last night but didn't have much to do in all honesty.

Hello Abdul!

As you can see we are now playing around with this site and trying to iron out the bugs - seeing you found us ahead of time - please feel free to tell us frankly and honestly anything you come across that doesn't work - or you do not like - and anything you think we could improve on.

We would appreciate it if you could help us - thanks.

8Adam Bogdan: The future ? Empty Re: Adam Bogdan: The future ? Thu Jan 05 2012, 22:50

Bolton Nuts

Admin

It could be another Chelsea if he plays against UTD...

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

9Adam Bogdan: The future ? Empty Re: Adam Bogdan: The future ? Thu Jan 05 2012, 23:03

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bogdan should replace Jussi. He is a clone. More on that soon.

10Adam Bogdan: The future ? Empty Re: Adam Bogdan: The future ? Fri Jan 06 2012, 10:15

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

He definitely needs to be playing on Saturday. I don't think Jussi should be our first choice keeper next season and we need to see more of Bogdan to see whether he is good enough. We have to hope he is because we don't have the money to buy a quality keeper.

11Adam Bogdan: The future ? Empty Re: Adam Bogdan: The future ? Fri Jan 06 2012, 14:39

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I suspect Rob Lainton to be more of the future than Bogdan.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

12Adam Bogdan: The future ? Empty Re: Adam Bogdan: The future ? Fri Jan 06 2012, 23:10

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The worry for me is he's not had that much experience of playing in the Prem. From what i've seen of him not convinced he's good enough.

It's such a crucial position to get right, even manu are struggling with their keepers.

13Adam Bogdan: The future ? Empty Re: Adam Bogdan: The future ? Sat Jan 07 2012, 01:33

Sluffy wrote:
Abdul-Salam Bilal wrote:

Hello Abdul!

As you can see we are now playing around with this site and trying to iron out the bugs - seeing you found us ahead of time - please feel free to tell us frankly and honestly anything you come across that doesn't work - or you do not like - and anything you think we could improve on.

We would appreciate it if you could help us - thanks.

Hi guys!
Will do, looks good so far cyclops Cyclops

14Adam Bogdan: The future ? Empty Re: Adam Bogdan: The future ? Sat Jan 07 2012, 20:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bogdan had a good game game today. He kept us in it in the first half with two quality saves. He had no chance with either Macc goal. Their second was a scorcher.

15Adam Bogdan: The future ? Empty Re: Adam Bogdan: The future ? Sun Jan 15 2012, 00:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't the boy do well ?

16Adam Bogdan: The future ? Empty Re: Adam Bogdan: The future ? Sun Jan 15 2012, 12:17

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Very well - the fact that he kept Shrek off the score sheet is a major plus for me. Good lad.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

17Adam Bogdan: The future ? Empty Re: Adam Bogdan: The future ? Sun Jan 15 2012, 12:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd stick with Bogdan for now, Jussi hasn't been at his best for a while.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum