Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Wanderer Official Programme is back!

+2
karlypants
Norpig
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

‘The Wanderer’, the renowned official programme for Bolton home matches, will return for the new League Two campaign - including all behind-closed-doors or limited-capacity home fixtures - as special editions that will be posted to your home in time for the games.

The final touches for next week's programme for the historic league action restart fixture against Forest Green Rovers are underway, with editions for every regular season home league game to follow.

Each programme will be for a limited print run only and will be produced in conjunction with the Club’s programme partners Ignition Sports Media on a schedule that allows them to arrive before kick-off (although this can not be guaranteed as we rely on Royal Mail meeting their normal performance standards).

To ensure supporters don’t miss out on these keepsakes of an unprecedented time, a full-season subscription is now available for the special price of £69.99 - inclusive of postage to a UK address.

Or you can order a half-season subscription for £39.99 that covers the first 11 home league games up to and including the visit of Morecambe on December 29th. Individual match editions will be available for £3 each, plus 99p P+P.

To order your copies visit the Ignition programme shop at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This season's 'perfect-bound' programme will include plenty of new features including, How well do you know..., Dream Team, I'm a Wanderer and also a nostalgic reflection on a memorable 1987/88 campaign - our last season in the fourth tier, and a successful one at that.

Overseas supporters will also be able to order copies but these will attract increased P+P charges and delivery will not be before matchday.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just ordered mine. I must be mad.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last 2 programmes i bought were last game at Burnden and first at the Reebok. Do they still sell many these days?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Last 2 programmes i bought were last game at Burnden and first at the Reebok. Do they still sell many these days?
The programme has always been part of my routine. Trouble is, what do I do with them. I've got season after season in cardboard boxes, and they're becoming a fire hazard. Can't find it in me to sell them though.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:Last 2 programmes i bought were last game at Burnden and first at the Reebok. Do they still sell many these days?
The programme has always been part of my routine. Trouble is, what do I do with them. I've got season after season in cardboard boxes, and they're becoming a fire hazard. Can't find it in me to sell them though.

It's a bit of a random idea, and I know you've got stacks of other Wanderers memorabilia so how about having a little think of perhaps of starting a BWFC museum.

I'm not suggesting in the shed at the bottom of your garden or anything but perhaps seeing if the club/Sharron maybe had a small room at the stadium going spare and would like to consider creating one of which your collection could be used initially to start it off and other fans contribute to it thereafter?

I don't know how it would work and I imagine you and most others would want to retain ownership of your prized possessions but I know private stuff is loaned out to museums and I guess that could be the same in this instance.

Maybe the club could charge a notional fee to visitors, to cover insurance, security and maintenance, etc and hopefully if it takes off other Wanderers fans will add to it.

Maybe you could even be the voluntary curator and tell visitors all the background story's you have both about the collection and you many years of watching the Wanderers - I imagine you would be extremely interesting and entertaining to listen to.

Just a thought.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice idea sluffy. Until the slippers take over, and I start rambling, and they have to send for the nurse.

Seriously though, I've been quite surprised at the lack of interest in memorabilia these days. Most kids don't want an autograph, they want a selfie.

I was chatting with a bunch of teens at HT a couple of seasons ago, and they laughed when I asked if they collected old programmes.
Who cares about the past was the basic attitude. Rather saddened me. They'd never heard of John Byrom.
My niece's lad wants me to put price stickers on everything, so that when I'm gone he'll have an idea about how much to sell it for.
He won't be in the will.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Nice idea sluffy. Until the slippers take over, and I start rambling, and they have to send for the nurse.

Seriously though, I've been quite surprised at the lack of interest in memorabilia these days. Most kids don't want an autograph, they want a selfie.

I was chatting with a bunch of teens at HT a couple of seasons ago, and they laughed when I asked if they collected old programmes.
Who cares about the past was the basic attitude. Rather saddened me. They'd never heard of John Byrom.
My niece's lad wants me to put price stickers on everything, so that when I'm gone he'll have an idea about how much to sell it for.
He won't be in the will.

I'm sure many of our generation have collected BWFC stuff over the years.

Like you I had hundreds of BWFC programmes over the years from being a kid and in the end gave them away to my nephews (one of whom is a ST holder and takes now his son - although I'm not aware if he's re-joined this season as his wife is one of those who requires shielding due to her health).

What have you got to lose by making an enquiry of the club - the worst they can say is no thank you.

It would be nice to have something that connects us with our past and your collection might be the thing that gives us that that others can contribute too.

I'm not saying give your treasures away or anything like that, merely put them on show if the club is amenable and you can always bequest it to them in your will as your legacy for the enjoyment (and pain!) they've given you over your lifetime of following them.

Seems a shame that your collection will be broken up and sold off after you have shuffled off this mortal coil by those who only see's the 'price' of each item but not the 'value' of them as Oscar Wilde might put it.

Your memories though, do what's right for you.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Nice idea sluffy. Until the slippers take over, and I start rambling, and they have to send for the nurse.

He won't be in the will.
This gets the most interest. Signed by Lofthouse, Hartle, Banks, Edwards, Stevens, and Gubbins.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very nice

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I have a signed leather football from the &0's that I won when I was in the supporters club.

Found it in the shed the other day and I would need a list of the players to identify who was who on it now. Not because I don't remember them, more that the names are faded

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I have a signed leather football from the &0's that I won when I was in the supporters club.

Found it in the shed the other day and I would need a list of the players to identify who was who on it now. Not because I don't remember them, more that the names are faded

Are you sure you are a true Bolton fan Glos?

Memorabilia like this should not be slung out into the shed!!! :nono:

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I have a signed leather football from the &0's that I won when I was in the supporters club.

My stuff is referred to as junk.

"A load of old blokes wearing shorts".
"The frames are probably worth something".
"It's like Steptoe's yard up there".

Custer's last stand has nothing on me. If I don't put up a constant fight, they'll have me cleared out, and the walls painted lavender. Scented bloody candles would appear.
Over my dead body.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jared Borgetti has just fallen from the wall. Spooky.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Jared Borgetti has just fallen from the wall. Spooky.
And broken the arm off one of the Bash Street Kids! ('erbert).

Super glue needed.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

karlypants wrote:

Are you sure you are a true Bolton fan Glos?

Memorabilia like this should not be slung out into the shed!!! :nono:
Agreed KP. My only plea for clemency is on the grounds that I moved house from:
UK to Germany, 
UK to Cyprus,
Cyprus to UK,
Bletchley to Staffordshire, 
UK to Cyprus,
Back to the UK, (Taunton), 
finally washing up here in Cheltenham.

Each time the ball was either in a packing crate, or in a box in the shed, not the best environment I must admit.  Sad

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:Agreed KP. My only plea for clemency is on the grounds that I moved house from:
UK to Germany, 
UK to Cyprus,
Cyprus to UK,
Bletchley to Staffordshire, 
UK to Cyprus,
Back to the UK, (Taunton), 
finally washing up here in Cheltenham.

Each time the ball was either in a packing crate, or in a box in the shed, not the best environment I must admit.  Sad

Glos - completely off topic - apologies to everyone - but while I see you're on (and before I forget again!), did you know/have you been watching Reported Missing on the BBC, which is centred in Gloucester!

Is a fly on the wall documentary series of the police trying to track down missing persons - maybe not your cup of tea I know but thought you might be interested seeing all the locations in and around you.

Link to BBC iplayer here -

Sorry everyone - back to the thread now!

Last edited by Sluffy on Tue Sep 08 2020, 23:02; edited 1 time in total

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good program

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum