Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"He'll get better and better" - Evatt backs debutant to progress at Bolton

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt insists there is “plenty more to come” from new signing Reiss Greenidge after his first Wanderers outing against Forest Green ended in defeat.

The centre-back lined up for the Whites in Saturday’s 1-0 reverse, replacing George Taft, as one of 10 players making their league debut from the start.

Greenidge returned to training at the start of last week after a hamstring strain and Evatt explained the decision to put him straight in was based on deficiencies he had seen during cup defeats to Bradford and Crewe the previous weeks.

“I thought in recent games we haven’t been physically demanding enough. I thought we allowed centre-forwards to pin centre-backs too easily and that didn’t happen today,” he said.

“I thought we were aggressive, too aggressive at times, because there were silly free kicks given away including the one we conceded from.

“But he hasn’t played for a month, he has trained for a week. Reiss will get better and better.

“He is a big physical and mobile unit who will improve. We chucked him in at the deep end and I think he did OK but I know there’s plenty more to come.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum