Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The real Eddie Davies

+2
BarrygoestoBolton
Ten Bobsworth
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21The real Eddie Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: The real Eddie Davies Fri Oct 27 2023, 08:51

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Here's a bit more about Yasmin Ingham. What a star!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The British Eventing Team have been nominated for The Times & Sunday Times Team of the Year after winning the European Championship.

Sue and Eddie would have been proud as punch

22The real Eddie Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: The real Eddie Davies Fri Oct 27 2023, 09:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Here's a bit more about Yasmin Ingham. What a star!!

The British Eventing Team have been nominated for The Times & Sunday Times Team of the Year after winning the European Championship.

Sue and Eddie would have been proud as punch
Our local Betfred talk about nothing else. Well done, but a niche sport, and not one I can get excited about. Mind you, I used to play polo.
That's shocked you, hasn't it!!

23The real Eddie Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: The real Eddie Davies Fri Oct 27 2023, 09:20

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Our local Betfred talk about nothing else. Well done, but a niche sport, and not one I can get excited about. Mind you, I used to play polo.
That's shocked you, hasn't it!!
My gob has never been so smacked, Boncey. You can keep your Betfred and your Lionesses, Yasmin gets my vote.

24The real Eddie Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: The real Eddie Davies Fri Oct 27 2023, 09:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
My gob has never been so smacked, Boncey. You can keep your Betfred and your Lionesses, Yasmin gets my vote.
I remember when show jumping was a big thing on the telly. Harvey Smith, David Broome, Paul Schock, that German bloke.Even my dad watched it.

25The real Eddie Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: The real Eddie Davies Fri Oct 27 2023, 09:47

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
I remember when show jumping was a big thing on the telly. Harvey Smith, David Broome, Paul Schock, that German bloke.Even my dad watched it.
Do you mean the days before the revolution when we didn't have women's footie to watch and women footie pundits to listen to? Its like living in Orwell's 1984 now.

Eventing is a mixed sport and the Eventing Team the only nominated women's team that competes against blokes.

26The real Eddie Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: The real Eddie Davies Fri Oct 27 2023, 12:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I remember when show jumping was a big thing on the telly. Harvey Smith, David Broome, Paul Schock, that German bloke. Even my dad watched it.

Paul and Alvin (spelt with a 'w') Schockemohle

We also had Princess Ann a few years later.

Show jumping was and is as boring as fuck to me.

Had to suffer it as a kid when my mam and dad watched it on TV.

The only funny thing for me was how Everest got around the advertising ban by naming all the horses after the name of their company!

27The real Eddie Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: The real Eddie Davies Fri Oct 27 2023, 12:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Paul and Alvin (spelt with a 'w') Schockemohle

We also had Princess Ann a few years later.

Show jumping was and is as boring as fuck to me.

Had to suffer it as a kid when my mam and dad watched it on TV.

The only funny thing for me was how Everest got around the advertising ban by naming all the horses after the name of their company!
Bored the pants off me too. As did that awful carriage driving, much loved by Phil the Greek. Add to those two, Yachting, much loved by the BBC come the Olympic games.

28The real Eddie Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: The real Eddie Davies Fri Oct 27 2023, 12:55

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Bored the pants off me too. As did that awful carriage driving, much loved by Phil the Greek. Add to those two, Yachting, much loved by the BBC come the Olympic games.
There's no accounting for taste, Boncey. Millions tuned in every week to watch Jim'll fix it and Noel's House Party. Is TV any better now? I wouldn't say so.

Anyroad I think that horse jumping and cross country requires a lot more courage and skill than playing footie any day of the week and Yasmin seems an absolute gem.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

29The real Eddie Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: The real Eddie Davies Fri Oct 27 2023, 13:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
There's no accounting for taste, Boncey. Millions tuned in every week to watch Jim'll fix it and Noel's House Party. Is TV any better now? I wouldn't say so.

Anyroad I think that horse jumping and cross country requires a lot more courage and skill than playing footie any day of the week and Yasmin seems an absolute gem.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I know all about getting on a horse. And coming off one. Very Happy
Polo, though fun to play, as long as you're right handed, is a big turn off for me as a spectator.

30The real Eddie Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: The real Eddie Davies Sat Oct 28 2023, 09:49

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
I know all about getting on a horse. And coming off one. Very Happy
Polo, though fun to play, as long as you're right handed, is a big turn off for me as a spectator.
Lady B and I once got invited to one of these royal pukka polo shindigs.

The invite had summat to do with Joe Foster (founder of Reebok) iirc but we didn't go.

Joe's 88 now and lives in Tenerife, acccording to Wikipedia.

31The real Eddie Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: The real Eddie Davies Tue Oct 31 2023, 09:23

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Here's an interesting interview with Joe Foster about his Bolton upbringing and the birth of Reebok.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum