Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy birthday Johnny.

+11
y2johnny
Hip Priest
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
okocha
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

101johnny - Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Mon Nov 02 2020, 09:09

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
He actually had two. Charles Edward Anderson Berry. I remember things like that from my youth.

Saw him in concert once in Manchester and Jerry Lee Lewis, Bo Diddley, Ike and Tina Turner, the Rolling Stones and quite a few other 'stars' of the time. I was also at the Free Trade Hall that famous night when some pillock called Bob Dylan 'Judas'

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/remembering-bob-dylans-infamous-judas-show-203760/

Any suggestions on what folk should paint on their backsides to thwart attacks from the foul-mouthed, malevolent pillocks of today.
Maybe "sluffy was here" on yours

102johnny - Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Mon Nov 02 2020, 09:24

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Nat's backside is often used as a billboard, but the rest of us would probably have to make do with a pithier warning.
In passing, did those stars live up to expectations?
Absolutely. The Rolling Stones were first on stage (i.e. bottom billing) in a concert that included Ike and Tina Turner, The Killer and Bo Diddley. The Stones had just had their first hit record with a cover version of Chuck Berry's 'Come on'.

I still prefer this  version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgW6s8FPm_w

103johnny - Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Mon Nov 02 2020, 09:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

y2johnny wrote:

Check with sluffy, he can read pms.  He will just have to log out as tenbob first though

Laughing

104johnny - Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Mon Nov 02 2020, 09:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Absolutely. The Rolling Stones were first on stage (i.e. bottom billing) in a concert that included Ike and Tina Turner, The Killer and Bo Diddley. The Stones had just had their first hit record with a cover version of Chuck Berry's 'Come on'.

I still prefer this  version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgW6s8FPm_w
Have to get Banksy on to tell us what Florrie Forde was like live.

105johnny - Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Mon Nov 02 2020, 09:37

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

xmiles wrote:

Laughing
Sluffy is online, he's been writing his first post since 6am.  Making sure he uses here and hear in the right context so he can be ruled out as a suspect.  Shutting the door after the horse has bolted springs to mind.

A lot of things spring to mind actually........GDPR being one of them

106johnny - Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Mon Nov 02 2020, 09:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

107johnny - Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Mon Nov 02 2020, 15:29

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Have to get Banksy on to tell us what Florrie Forde was like live.
I'll raise you, Al Bowlly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUXv0ezazXg

108johnny - Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Mon Nov 02 2020, 15:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was unluckier than even me. Married in 1934, sought a divorce two weeks later, then married again that same year. He was killed by a German parachute bomb that exploded outside his bedroom door, blowing it off its hinges, sending it hurtling into his head.
I take my hat off to him.

109johnny - Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Mon Nov 02 2020, 15:49

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I missed all the fun, apparently - but happy belated birthday, Johnny!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

110johnny - Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Mon Nov 02 2020, 15:51

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Keegan wrote:I missed all the fun, apparently - but happy belated birthday, Johnny!
Cheers Keegan and happy birthday to you for today

111johnny - Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Mon Nov 02 2020, 22:28

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:He was unluckier than even me. Married in 1934, sought a divorce two weeks later, then married again that same year. He was killed by a German parachute bomb that exploded outside his bedroom door, blowing it off its hinges, sending it hurtling into his head.
I take my hat off to him.
Sad really but Bowlly was a bit special. Thanks for introducing me to Florrie Forde. I was pleased to make her acquaintance  but she's not going on my playlist.

Night night, Boncey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWexuHVh9W8

112johnny - Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Mon Nov 02 2020, 22:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Florrie Forde was a fine figure of a woman. I'll fight any man who says otherwise. Within reason.

You're probably thinking of Florence Foster Jenkins.

113johnny - Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Tue Nov 03 2020, 07:32

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Laurel and Hardy eh? There's a statue of them in Ulverston, where Stan came from, but you'll know that, won't you Boncey?

I don't play much golf these days but I had a cracking day out at Ulverston a few weeks back.

Lovely course, great views and the Professional's a Wanderers supporter.

114johnny - Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Tue Nov 03 2020, 08:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice little museum. They've moved it in the past few years, and it's bigger now.
Don't get me started on golf. My brother pestered me into playing a few years ago, and, to put it bluntly, I was pants. Drove me mad, so I packed it in.
Mark Twain was right. A good walk spoiled.
PG Wodehouse used to give the bunker on the 10th hole of his local club, as his home address. Very Happy

115johnny - Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Tue Nov 03 2020, 09:19

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Nice little museum. They've moved it in the past few years, and it's bigger now.
Don't get me started on golf. My brother pestered me into playing a few years ago, and, to put it bluntly, I was pants. Drove me mad, so I packed it in.
Mark Twain was right. A good walk spoiled.
PG Wodehouse used to give the bunker on the 10th hole of his local club, as his home address. Very Happy
You are well-informed, Bonsey. Speaking of Wodehouse, I used to own half of a Gloucester Old Spot but for the avoidance of doubt I'd like to confirm that Lord Bobsworth has no evil designs on Nuts' pre-eminent  pig.

116johnny - Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Tue Nov 03 2020, 09:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
You are well-informed, Bonsey. Speaking of Wodehouse, I used to own half of a Gloucester Old Spot but for the avoidance of doubt I'd like to confirm that Lord Bobsworth has no evil designs on Nuts' pre-eminent  pig.
The BBC had a half decent few stabs at the Blandings stories, but I've always been of the opinion that Wodehouse reads better than he films.
We once had a cat called Monty Bodkin. Very Happy

117johnny - Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Tue Nov 03 2020, 09:40

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
The BBC had a half decent few stabs at the Blandings stories, but I've always been of the opinion that Wodehouse reads better than he films.
We once had a cat called Monty Bodkin. Very Happy
I agree. I really should spend more time reading instead of spending it checking up on charlatans, tax dodgers and other assorted hoodwinkers.

118johnny - Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Tue Nov 03 2020, 09:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I agree. I really should spend more time reading instead of spending it checking up on charlatans, tax dodgers and other assorted hoodwinkers.
Lockdown gave me chance to catch up on some reading. It was as good as a week by the sea. But I'm being asked to take on another dog at the moment, and I'm not sure I'm ready for it.

119johnny - Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Tue Nov 03 2020, 10:21

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We are without a dog at the moment too. It is a commitment but a walks not the same without a dog.

Found out quite a lot about NHS fraud and other goings on by chatting to folk whilst dog walking.
I'm an inquisitive sort and had to find out more after making my first discovery by chance.

120johnny - Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 6 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Tue Nov 03 2020, 10:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:We are without a dog at the moment too. It is a commitment but a walks not the same without a dog.

Found out quite a lot about NHS fraud and other goings on by chatting to folk whilst dog walking.
I'm an inquisitive sort and had to find out more after making my first discovery by chance.
I was always amazed at the difference a dog makes on a walk. Alone, no one bothers you, but have a dog in tow, and everyone wants to chat. Some people give you a family history. Pain in the arse sometimes.
Once I met someone off the telly box! It was only Bob Greaves, but I considered him a friend after our three minute conversation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum