Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Nepotism/Cronyism Watch

Nepotism/Cronyism Watch

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

301Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 11 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Sat Apr 17 2021, 10:59

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Sluffy wrote:

I've asked you numerous times in the past as well as the recent two or three.

And what is the point in passing on gossip if you don't even know where it originates from or who said it?

If you got a private email sent you from QAnon would you post it on here as something you believe in???

Fair reply?
No.

The content is factual. It is not gossip. 

I'm not providing a link to my private email address and my longstanding, trustworthy friends who, incidentally, were interested in joining this site and contributing to what members have to say about BWFC and current affairs etc.

They have now all changed their minds for obvious reasons. Thay have lost interest in the aggressive, irrational, uncivil or condescending nature of some of the responses I put up with.

I still value the posts of very many Nutters on here!

302Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 11 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Sat Apr 17 2021, 12:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@okocha wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

I've asked you numerous times in the past as well as the recent two or three.

And what is the point in passing on gossip if you don't even know where it originates from or who said it?

If you got a private email sent you from QAnon would you post it on here as something you believe in???

Fair reply?
No.

The content is factual. It is not gossip. 

I'm not providing a link to my private email address and my longstanding, trustworthy friends who, incidentally, were interested in joining this site and contributing to what members have to say about BWFC and current affairs etc.

They have now all changed their minds for obvious reasons. Thay have lost interest in the aggressive, irrational, uncivil or condescending nature of some of the responses I put up with.

I still value the posts of very many Nutters on here!

What are you on about, I never asked for a link to your email address???

If the information is factual then link to the actual sourse not to where you (or anyone else) received it such as your email account!

Until then you are just passing on gossip from someone else and posting it on here.

As for your imaginary friends...

Your account has been registered on here for EIGHT YEARS, have your "longstanding, trustworth friends" been pondering for that long to decide to dip their toe in the water and join the site all that time???

Yeah right...

303Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 11 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Sat Apr 17 2021, 12:45

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Ludicrous and unpleasant. 

I'm trying to recruit new members to a floundering site; you are driving them away. 

I have tried to be tolerant of your autocratic, illogical, hate-filled attacks on me.  I can't put a mod on "Ignore" so I will now have to  read nothing that comes from your nasty mind. It's true what everybody says.

304Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 11 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Sun Apr 18 2021, 00:20

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
:agree: :agree: :agree:

305Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 11 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Mon Apr 19 2021, 01:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Article in this weekends Mail on Sunday

Fox killing QC Jolyon Maugham is accused of hypocrisy for leading a legal challenge against PM's 'Covid cronyism' despite helping super-rich tax dodgers try to save £1billion

Jolyon Maugham QC heading campaign over alleged cronyism by Boris Johnson
Left-wing barrister once dubbed a 'fox murderer' after clubbing one to death
He was also a lawyer for super-rich in attempts to avoid around £1 billion in taxes

By GLEN OWEN POLITICAL EDITOR FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY
PUBLISHED: 22:28, 17 April 2021 | UPDATED: 00:56, 18 April 2021

The Left-wing barrister leading a legal challenge against Boris Johnson over his alleged 'Covid cronyism' was last night accused of hypocrisy after it emerged he has worked to minimise the tax liabilities of millionaires.

Jolyon Maugham QC – once dubbed 'an infamous fox murderer' after clubbing one of the animals to death – is heading a crowd-funded campaign against Mr Johnson and Health Secretary Matt Hancock over claims they acted unlawfully by appointing their 'chums' to three top jobs in the fight against Covid-19, without opening the processes to competition.

Mr Maugham has been granted an application for judicial review over a 'value for money' challenge to the appointment of Tory peer Dido Harding as the head of NHS Test and Trace, Kate Bingham as head of the UK's Vaccine Taskforce and Mike Coupe as director of testing at NHS Test and Trace.

Mr Maugham claims the correct use of public money is 'fundamentally the issue' behind his campaign.

But during a lucrative career as a tax barrister, Mr Maugham represented the super-rich in their attempts to avoid around £1 billion in taxes, during which he was promoted as an expert in 'tax avoidance transactions'.

Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 11 41891222-9482529-image-a-21_1618699402458
Mr Maugham represented the super-rich in their attempts to avoid around £1 billion in taxes, during which he was promoted as an expert in 'tax avoidance transactions'

His clients included participants in the Eclipse tax avoidance scheme which was used by celebrities and sports stars to try to avoid £635 million in tax using tax reliefs designed to benefit the film industry.

He has also represented a wealthy individual who used the Icebreaker scheme to try to avoid £120 million in tax and a French financier working in London who used the Goldcrest film scheme to seek to avoid around £8 million in tax.

Mr Maugham was quoted last November saying that individuals should 'offer their time and talents in service of the public good'.

The case against Mr Johnson's appointments, brought jointly by Mr Maugham's Good Law Project and the Runnymede Trust, a race equality think-tank, argues the Prime Minister and Mr Hancock broke the rules and acted in a discriminatory way by running a 'chumocracy'.

The case will claim that all three appointments were at least partly made because of the Tory connections of the three and not solely on merit.

Mr Maugham said: 'The story we tell ourselves is that things like this don't happen here. That the handing out of important roles to friends, without competition, is something for abroad. But the pandemic has exposed that story as a fairytale.'

The lawyer sparked a furore on Boxing Day 2019 after tweeting about killing a fox while wearing his wife's satin kimono gown when the animal got into his hen-house.

After the High Court granted the Judicial Review, Commons Leader Jacob Rees-Mogg rejected calls to give a statement to MPs on the issue, accusing the 'fox murderer' of 'fussing and wasting time'.

Last night, Mr Maugham said: 'I had a hugely successful career as a barrister during which I, quite properly, complied with my professional obligations… to represent all who sought my services as an advocate, including HMRC and taxpayers.

While doing that work I wrote about and lobbied against tax avoidance.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9482529/Fox-killing-QC-Jolyon-Maugham-accused-hypocrisy-legal-challenge-against-PMs-cronyism.html

Maugham's not happy with it though!

306Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 11 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Mon Apr 19 2021, 08:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I wouldn't wipe my arse with the Daily Fail, it's just a Tory mouthpiece.

307Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 11 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Mon Apr 19 2021, 08:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I wouldn't trust anyone called Jolyon.

308Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 11 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Mon Apr 19 2021, 13:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Norpig wrote:I wouldn't wipe my arse with the Daily Fail, it's just a Tory mouthpiece.

You miss the point of my post - although I expected most to do so.

Why I  posted without adding my own comments was to see how many would pick up on the point that the Mail had done exactly the same as what Maugham himself does - namely post a few facts - he defended super-rich tax dodgers in case worth over a £1billion and he attacks the government connections with the super-rich /Hancock awarded billions of PPE contracts and his pub landlord got one - the 'facts' being correct in both instances (sort of anyway) and people like you and million others jump to the (intended) conclussion that they are connected to each other - namely Maugham is a hypocrite and Hanckock/the government are corrupt/enabling sleaze and corynism.

They are NOT!

Neither Maugham or Hancock have done anything wrong and there are honest and genuine reasons for what they did - but being a barrister and defending the super rich yet leading the attack on cronyism to the super-rich /beining a Minister and the local landlord becomining a sub-contractor to others who did win contracts - are simply not connected to each other.

It is simply spin/innuendo/slurs, call it what you will.

People WANT to believe what they have already made their minds up about - everything the government does is crap/criminal/cronyism and the likes of Maungam simply 'spoon feed' them such storys for them to lap up!

I know I waste my breath on here and some folk will never change their minds no matter what facts I put in front of them but hopefully others may pause and think first rather than believing everything they see in the papers or read on social media is the gospel truth.

309Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 11 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Mon Apr 19 2021, 16:01

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Norpig wrote:I wouldn't wipe my arse with the Daily Fail, it's just a Tory mouthpiece.
I think its generally a good idea to hear both sides on any subject before jumping to conclusions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum