Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt: Coronavirus spikes a 'worry' for EFL clubs in New Year

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt expects the EFL New Year schedule to be affected by incoming Covid-19 procedures.

The Wanderers boss confirmed that his players will be given mandatory tests for coronavirus at the end of this month and that the club will continue to minimise risk to the players and staff.

But with infection rates rising once again and a handful of Boxing Day games already cancelled as a result, he fears there could be a significant impact on the football calendar once again.

“I don’t think any of us can predict what is going to happen next, we can only control the controllables, so to speak,” he said this morning.

“We are doing all we can to make sure we protect ourselves, our families and the players from the virus. But it seems it is getting worse again, and where it ends I don’t know.

“They are bringing in testing again in January. We will have to test and will probably do so on January 4 after the Christmas period.

“Do I think we’ll find Covid across the EFL with those tests? Yes, 100 per cent. And then it is up to them what we do from there.

“It is a growing concern again and definitely a worry, moving forwards.”

Wanderers’ players will spend Christmas Day with their families before meeting up at the stadium in the evening to begin preparations for the game against Carlisle United.

Evatt has altered the training schedule ahead of the match to allow his squad as much time at home as he can.

“To be honest, we have changed this week around because of Christmas Day,” he said. “I believe players should spend it with their families, however, they will be reporting to the hotel in the evening to make sure they get a good night’s sleep and rest.

“We are blessed with facilities at this football club which enable us to do that.

“We can concentrate on the game, wake up, get breakfast as a team and then travel up to Carlisle.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum