Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Don't roll out the red carpet: UniBol must be less hospitable, says Delfouneso

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nathan Delfouneso admits more must be done by Wanderers to stop the University of Bolton Stadium feeling like a “luxury hotel” for opposition teams.

Ian Evatt’s side has taken just 11 points from a possible 30 at home this season – ranking them 17th in the division.

Tonight’s game against Morecambe has been called off after an outbreak of Covid-19 in the Shrimps camp, which means the Whites can turn their attention to starting 2021 the right way, hosting Crawley.

Wanderers’ facilities may have lost some of the sheen of their Premier League past – but they still stand out against many of the clubs which visit in League Two.

Delfouneso feels the hospitality must stop once opposing teams step on to the pitch.

“It is luxury here – they are coming to a great stadium, the changing rooms are amazing, it’s a great pitch and you see players before a game taking selfies to prove they have been here,” he told The Bolton News.

“We have been to some places where we have been getting changed in a bar. I know it is because of the Covid situation but that’s the difference. It’s a luxury hotel here.

“For us it comes with playing for this massive club, we get to do it every week.

“Some teams will come here with players who have never played at a stadium with anything like this quality and with no fans, no pressure, of course they are going to feel good about it.

“I think we have got to make sure they don’t. We have to do something to make them uncomfortable.

“Yes, they are coming here and it’s nice, but you are not coming here for a nice day.

“We have to start sending teams back knowing they have had a tough day.”

The former Aston Villa and Blackpool striker took his tally to seven goals for the season with Bolton’s second in Saturday’s 3-3 draw at Carlisle United. That matches his total in each of the previous two seasons and comes after just 22 appearances. Nevertheless, Delfouneso will not be content to tick along at the current rate, and with a friendly rivalry now developing between him and strike partner Eoin Doyle – who leads the way on eight – he hopes there will be plenty to come. “I want more,” he said. “I believe I should have more.

“It is alright at this moment in time but I still believe I can get plenty more.

“I’m not naïve enough to think that I’ll score every chance, or score in every game, but in this team I will get chances and I have confidence I can put them away.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum