Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt hints at loan swoop - Swansea star on the way?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt reckons Wanderers will have a loan signing ready to go at the start of the January transfer window.

Swansea City wing-back Declan John has been strongly linked with a move to the University of Bolton Stadium but while the Bolton boss remained tight-lipped on the identity of his potential new signing, he believes the deal could be done in a matter of days.

“Nothing is completed as yet but we think we have agreed a loan deal for someone,” he said. “I don’t think that will be announced until early January but apart from dotting I’s and crossing t’s that is almost there.

“There will be in-goings and out-goings, simple as that, but there is nothing to confirm just yet.”

Progress has also been made on out-of-contract midfielder Kieran Lee, who has trained with the club for the last fortnight.

The 32-year-old ex-Sheffield Wednesday man may have to wait for his deal to go through, however, with Wanderers also looking to move some players on to balance out their salary cap.

Wanderers have found their preparations for this weekend’s game against Crawley severely hampered by the weather.

The Horwich area has been hit by a blanket of snow over the last couple of days and after seeing Tuesday night’s game against Morecambe postponed because of a Covid-19 outbreak in the opposition camp, the conditions have thrown up another challenge.

Bolton do have an indoor ‘bubble’ which can be used for certain training sessions – but Evatt is reluctant to risk injuries on the synthetic surface so close to the game.

“Yes, the weather Gods have not been kind to us,” Evatt said. “Some might argue that the postponed game was a blessing in disguise – but the snow and ice has made it very difficult to play.

“I wanted to play on Tuesday because I thought after the comeback against Carlisle we’d have some sort of momentum to take into Tuesday night. I wanted three points.

“We turned up on Thursday at the training ground and the weather conditions are not conducive to playing football. We’ll do what we can, adapt and overcome, and prepare for a Crawley side who had a good result on Tuesday night against Forest Green.”

Source

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’ll save Nat a job. Never heard of him.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum