Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kieran Lee Signs

+2
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kieran Lee Signs Empty Kieran Lee Signs Fri 8 Jan - 17:21

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WANDERERS have completed the signing of former Sheffield Wednesday midfielder Kieran Lee on an 18-month deal.

The 32-year-old free agent has been on trial with the Whites for the last few weeks but now links up with the squad officially and could make his debut at Exeter on Tuesday night.

He becomes the second signing of the January transfer window after the loan arrival of Swansea City’s Declan John.

“I’ve been training with the club for a few weeks and I’m delighted to have now signed,” said Lee, who came through the ranks at Manchester United and has also played for Oldham.

“You've only got to look around the place to see that the potential to go back up is massive.

“This is a club that wants to be at a higher level. I'm coming here to help the team get promotion and go as high as we can.”

Boss Ian Evatt believes Lee’s arrival is a real statement of intent at the UniBol.

He said: “I am delighted to sign Kieran who I feel is a real coup for the club and a statement signing.

“He is a very classy and experienced footballer, and is just the right character we want at Bolton Wanderers Football Club.

“I’d like to thank the board for their support in getting this deal completed”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Kieran Lee Signs Empty Re: Kieran Lee Signs Fri 8 Jan - 17:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

KIERAN LEE has penned an 18-month deal to become Ian Evatt’s latest acquisition during the January transfer window.

The experienced midfielder has been on trial with Wanderers for the past several weeks, but now joins the squad officially and could feature in Tuesday night’s Sky Bet League Two fixture at Exeter City.

The 32 year-old began his career with Manchester United having come through their youth system.

He scored on his debut for the Red Devils when he came off the bench to net the winner in a League Cup tie against Crewe Alexandra during the 2006/07 season.

Lee was loaned out to QPR in 2008 and made eight appearances for them before signing a two-year contract at Oldham Athletic.

Making over 100 appearances for the Boundary Park side, he turned down the offer of a new deal to join Sheffield Wednesday in 2012.

At Hillsborough, Lee featured in over 200 games for The Owls in all competitions and netted 22 goals.

Speaking about his move to the University of Bolton Stadium, Lee said: “I’ve been training with the club for a few weeks and I’m delighted to have now signed.

“You've only got to look around the place to see that the potential to go back up is massive. This is a club that wants to be at a higher level. I'm coming here to help the team get promotion and go as high as we can.”

Wanderers manager Ian Evatt added: “I am delighted to sign Kieran who I feel is a real coup for the club and a statement signing.

“He is a very classy and experienced footballer, and is just the right character we want at Bolton Wanderers Football Club.

“I’d like to thank the Board for their support in getting this deal completed.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Kieran Lee Signs Empty Re: Kieran Lee Signs Fri 8 Jan - 18:08

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

My Wednesday mate on Lee:

"You've just signed my favourite player of the last decade. Class act. He was injured for 2 years and his legs have gone but a great player"

4Kieran Lee Signs Empty Re: Kieran Lee Signs Fri 8 Jan - 19:40

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Three pages of absolute adoration on the Owls forum, if he is anything like the player they descibe it's a great bit of businesss.

5Kieran Lee Signs Empty Re: Kieran Lee Signs Fri 8 Jan - 22:05

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't know if he's fully fit again but if he is then he's a superb signing. Even at 32 I'd say he has plenty to offer at this level and I for one will look forward to seeing how he does in our shirt.

6Kieran Lee Signs Empty Re: Kieran Lee Signs Sat 9 Jan - 0:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Huge signing for a club in our position - total vote of confidence from the Board and Evatt reckons the engine is still running. Kioso staying too. Going to be interesting if and when it all comes together.
Reiterates the intent to play exciting football on a budget which has to be admired.
Big test next 2 games Exeter away and Cheltenham at home, both difficult.

7Kieran Lee Signs Empty Re: Kieran Lee Signs Sat 9 Jan - 1:08

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum