Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eoin Doyle on club's 'disappointing' season so far

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eoin Doyle hopes Wanderers’ style makeover has not come too late to save their season.

Ian Evatt has added four new signings to his squad so far in January and plans to add two more before the window closes on February 1.

The Bolton boss has also reverted to a back four in the last two games, resulting in draws against promotion-chasing Exeter City and Cheltenham Town.

But as the Whites hit the halfway mark in League Two they sit 17th in the table, eight away from the play-offs and just seven from the relegation zone.

Doyle, whose 86th minute goal salvaged a point on Saturday, prays the influx of new talent can quickly help revive the club’s fortunes.

“It has been a disappointing first half of the season, definitely,” he told The Bolton News.

“A couple of lads have come into the squad now and done well, so I hope we can kick on.

“We really have to climb up that table, we’ve no choice. The first half of the season just hasn’t been good enough so please God we start turning these better performances into wins.”

Doyle felt Wanderers were worth three points against Cheltenham but held up his hands after the game and admitted his own finishing had not been up to scratch in the first half.

“I was disappointed not to have the ball in my arms going into the tunnel at half time, definitely,” he said. “We were dominant, I thought, and it was one of our best performances of the season.

“Over 90 minutes they had one chance and scored from it.

“The gaffer has tweaked the system a little bit and it seems to suit us. We were good in possession, got into some good positions high up the pitch with some great deliveries into the box. I should have done better with a couple of them.”

Doyle had Arthur Gnahoua to thank for his ninth goal of the season – his fellow front man stepping off the bench for the second time in a week to change a game in Bolton’s favour.

“Arthur is doing well,” said the Irishman. “He is very good in possession, great control of the ball, and has that athleticism about him as well, he’s able to get by people.

“He was great for my goal and he could maybe have had one himself – but he has been really good for us recently.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum