Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Almeida Santos signs new deal

+4
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Almeida Santos signs new deal Empty Almeida Santos signs new deal Mon Mar 01 2021, 22:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers is delighted to confirm that Ricardo Almeida Santos has signed a brand new contract with the club which will see him stay at the University of Bolton Stadium until the end of the 2022/23 season.

The big central defender arrived at the University of Bolton Stadium last summer after leaving Barnet and has caught the eye with a string of imperious performances which have seen him feature in many Sky Bet League Two Teams of the Week.

The 25 year-old has been an ever-present in the league for Wanderers this term, helping Ian Evatt’s men to rise to seventh in Sky Bet League Two.

Speaking about his new deal, Santos said: “I’m happy it has finally got done. We have a good bunch of lads and I really enjoy it here.

“The gaffer and the management team believe in me a lot and I just want to keep pushing on and helping the club as best as I can.”

Wanderers Manager Ian Evatt added: “I’m very happy that Rico has signed a new contract. He’s been fantastic all season for us and his improvement has been phenomenal.

“He’s becoming a real leader of the team and his consistency has been great.

"I’ve said it before that we want to keep our best players and this is a club that should be building a team around players like Rico.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Almeida Santos signs new deal Empty Re: Almeida Santos signs new deal Mon Mar 01 2021, 22:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never heard of him.

3Almeida Santos signs new deal Empty Re: Almeida Santos signs new deal Mon Mar 01 2021, 22:16

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Never heard of him.

cheers

4Almeida Santos signs new deal Empty Re: Almeida Santos signs new deal Thu May 26 2022, 17:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

5Almeida Santos signs new deal Empty Re: Almeida Santos signs new deal Thu May 26 2022, 19:08

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bit slow to react and even slower to turn. Hopeless at attacking headers in opposition area. Apart from that, shows improvement and certainly an imposing figure, but can we not have Cahill instead? Past it?

6Almeida Santos signs new deal Empty Re: Almeida Santos signs new deal Fri May 27 2022, 11:29

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That's another three year contract then. Will FV still be around in three years time to pay the wages? They've still not produced the accounts for 2020/21 yet.

I still expect it will be between Red Nev's Salford and FV that lost the most money. Salford lost £3.4million in 2020/21 as they did in 2019/20.

Promoted clubs Cheltenham and Morecambe have tiny turnovers but they still made profit, with a bit of help from player sales.

7Almeida Santos signs new deal Empty Re: Almeida Santos signs new deal Fri May 27 2022, 12:37

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Excellent news - an imposing defender at league one level. Worry about the Champs if and when we get there. Meanwhile another good job by Ian and Sharon.

8Almeida Santos signs new deal Empty Re: Almeida Santos signs new deal Fri May 27 2022, 13:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good move on a few levels:

He's strong and quick and with a bit more experience and some quality around us will be very effective

Interest has been shown in him from clubs further up the leagues so he has a decent asset value

By signing it saves the club having to trawl around for a replacement, so they can focus on other targets.

I'm happy with that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum