Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time to go?

+8
okocha
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
xmiles
Norpig
wessy
wanderlust
boltonbonce
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Time to go? Empty Time to go? Fri Mar 12 2021, 10:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just to another time you understand. Here's the proposition.
You're being given a choice. Shot at dawn, or a one way ticket in a time machine.
Where do you go? And how far back do you travel to eke out the rest of your days? I should stipulate that you won't have the ability to change history in any way, shape or form, simply live out your days.
My own choice would be Hollywood in the twenties, as the motion picture industry was taking shape, and I might even get to meet my hero, Buster Keaton. 
Knowing my luck, I'd probably end up in Chicago, 1930, and run into fellow time traveller Bob, running down the street waving Al Capone's tax returns. Shocked
Would you Adam and Eve it?!

2Time to go? Empty Re: Time to go? Fri Mar 12 2021, 10:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wherever you went to you’d have to make a living so what are the chances that you wouldn’t use your modern knowledge to gain an advantage or even just to survive? 
Changing history is an inevitable consequence of your presence there IMO.

If I did go back it wouldn’t be too far as most of history was brutal, cruel, smelly, unfair and very, very hard to live in.

3Time to go? Empty Re: Time to go? Fri Mar 12 2021, 11:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Wherever you went to you’d have to make a living so what are the chances that you wouldn’t use your modern knowledge to gain an advantage or even just to survive? 
Changing history is an inevitable consequence of your presence there IMO.

If I did go back it wouldn’t be too far as most of history was brutal, cruel, smelly, unfair and very, very hard to live in.
Lighten up Lusty, I'm not asking you to fight dinosaurs, just live out your days in another time. It's like Desert Island Discs, but with a twist. An adequate amount of money would be provided. You'd be a gentleman of leisure, able to pass the time as you chose.

4Time to go? Empty Re: Time to go? Fri Mar 12 2021, 11:22

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I would simply go back to Chew Moor in the 50's or 60's for a second go at an idyllic childhood and see some old freinds and relatives and then ensure i didn't repeat being in front of a firing squad, not many going for the shot at dawn option lol

5Time to go? Empty Re: Time to go? Fri Mar 12 2021, 11:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can i go back to the late 60's and the flower power time in California please? I'd be a happy man taking recreationals all day long and going to Woodstock and the like. Free love man  Very Happy

6Time to go? Empty Re: Time to go? Fri Mar 12 2021, 11:29

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Good choice although I'm not sure how much free love I would be getting at my age. Smile

7Time to go? Empty Re: Time to go? Fri Mar 12 2021, 11:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've done this before of course. Went back to 1923, and was lucky enough to get a job on the turnstiles at Wembley stadium. Not my finest hour. Shocked

8Time to go? Empty Re: Time to go? Fri Mar 12 2021, 12:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I've done this before of course. Went back to 1923, and was lucky enough to get a job on the turnstiles at Wembley stadium. Not my finest hour. Shocked
I didn't realise you were Mr Benn Boncey?

Time to go? 16266570-1

9Time to go? Empty Re: Time to go? Fri Mar 12 2021, 12:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Steady. I loved that programme. If we each have a tune accompanying us as we walk through the world, then this, is the theme tune of my life.

10Time to go? Empty Re: Time to go? Fri Mar 12 2021, 12:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Lighten up Lusty, I'm not asking you to fight dinosaurs, just live out your days in another time. It's like Desert Island Discs, but with a twist. An adequate amount of money would be provided. You'd be a gentleman of leisure, able to pass the time as you chose.
So you'd be a gentleman of leisure in the middle of the Great Depression?
Difficult to pick any time from the Dark Ages until the 21st century when ordinary people weren't either slaves and/or living in abject poverty but being rich does put another slant on it.
In that case - and assuming guilt wasn't an issue - I'd probably be back in the late 60s/early 70s bumming around the States, getting high and looking for companies like Microsoft and Apple to invest in.

11Time to go? Empty Re: Time to go? Fri Mar 12 2021, 13:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'd love to see my parents again but how could I because I'd see my younger self too, or would I 'be' my younger self but with a memory of my existence now - in which case I would no longer be my younger self if you see what I mean, or if I was my younger self with no memory of me 'now', then what's the point of going back to see them?

So I guess you have to pick some point in history that doesn't involve you.

There's loads of stuff in history I am interested in and would like to see but would I want to live out the rest of my life in that era once I'd seen that 'brief' moment I went back to see?

Maybe what is best is just to go back a day and move to somewhere nice, warm cushy maybe hang out with Harry and Megan and the rest of the Hollywood royalty for instance (only joking but you get what I mean).

I'm not sure if the 'rules' allow me to live past the day I time travelled back from, if not I would have to go back further than a day, let's say forty or so years earlier to comfortably live out my days - but if the rules did allow that, then I would be utterly boring and want to stay out my days where I am now because I'd want to see my daughter be happy and enjoy her life as long as I am able to.

Greater love has no one than this, they say but it would be true for me.

That would be my wish fwiw.

12Time to go? Empty Re: Time to go? Fri Mar 12 2021, 13:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've always wished I could climb into an old photograph, and wander around for a couple of hours.

13Time to go? Empty Re: Time to go? Fri Mar 12 2021, 13:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's band together, find out what year Bob was conceived, then travel back to visit his prospective parents, and shove a packet of condoms through the letterbox.  Razz

But hang on, you could do the same with me!

As you were.

14Time to go? Empty Re: Time to go? Fri Mar 12 2021, 14:13

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Let's band together, find out what year Bob was conceived, then travel back to visit his prospective parents, and shove a packet of condoms through the letterbox.  Razz

As you were.

:rofl:

15Time to go? Empty Re: Time to go? Fri Mar 12 2021, 14:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Careful Boncey he might break out that very bad word again  Laughing

16Time to go? Empty Re: Time to go? Fri Mar 12 2021, 14:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Careful Boncey he might break out that very bad word again  Laughing
I'm not worried, I've yet to make the top ten of you know whats. I think I'm just bubbling under.

17Time to go? Empty Re: Time to go? Fri Mar 12 2021, 14:59

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:Let's band together, find out what year Bob was conceived, then travel back to visit his prospective parents, and shove a packet of condoms through the letterbox.  Razz

As you were.

The difference is that we'd miss you, Bonce, whereas not those with cynical and nasty, suspicious minds....

18Time to go? Empty Re: Time to go? Fri Mar 12 2021, 15:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:The difference is that we'd miss you, Bonce

Steady on Very Happy

19Time to go? Empty Re: Time to go? Fri Mar 12 2021, 15:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now this thread is more like it! lol!

20Time to go? Empty Re: Time to go? Fri Mar 12 2021, 16:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat would like to go back to before she met Nuggy and got a singed minge  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum