Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt wants players to 'make sacrifices' in season finale

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt has called for “seven weeks of sacrifice” from Wanderers as they look to get over the promotion line.

Despite watching his side stretch their unbeaten run to 12 games with a 2-1 win against Walsall, the Bolton boss believes his side still have more in the tank.

After turning around their season in such impressive fashion, Evatt hopes his players can avoid any distractions in the final stretch to book a return to League One at the first time of asking.

“It’s a remarkable run and the players deserve immense credit,” he said. “It’s very, very rare you see runs of this type lower down the pyramid.

“You get it from the big boys who spend hundreds of millions, United, City, they can go 12-15 games unbeaten and win a lot of them but you very seldom see it in the lower echelons of English football and the players deserve credit.

“I didn’t think we were at our best first half (against Walsall) but second half we were a lot more fluid, we controlled the game and were starting to find the solutions to the problems.

“We missed a couple of good chances before the goal and once they went down to 10, we’re probably the worst team to play against because we dominate the ball and teams struggle to get out. But I am delighted, the effort and desire it takes to get on a run like this – the sacrifices you have to make. I know you can only stay at home at the minute but the wives will be moaning about going for walks or taking the dog out, whatever else, and they just need to rest and recover.

“They need to give this club seven weeks of sacrifice and then hopefully at the end of it there is something to cheer about. There’s a lot of hard work to do.

“We are getting results consistently and people are starting to talk about Bolton for the right reasons again but we know we are not anywhere near our goal. We have given ourselves an opportunity of course but we need to concentrate and focus. Keep that work ethic day-to-day right and we have a great chance.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum