Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are we going up?

+5
wessy
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Norpig
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Are we going up? Empty Are we going up? Thu Apr 15 2021, 15:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its time to nail your colours to the mast and say whether you believe we will go up this season.

I think we will go up automatically and give us long suffering fans something to shout about for the first time in a few years.

So do you think if we do go up it will be automatic or via the play-offs or do you think we can in true BWFC style blow it at the last minute and either miss out on the play-offs (unlikely now) or lose in the play-offs?

2Are we going up? Empty Re: Are we going up? Thu Apr 15 2021, 15:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Go up as champions IMO. I reckon Cheltenham will slip up and lose tomorrow

3Are we going up? Empty Re: Are we going up? Thu Apr 15 2021, 16:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll blow automatic promotion that's for sure, I can't see us scoring enough goals to beat some of the teams we have left to play.

We'll make the play-offs, and fuck it up over a two-legged semi-final.

Evans will declare us an "unlucky Manchester City".

4Are we going up? Empty Re: Are we going up? Thu Apr 15 2021, 16:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes I believe we will.

I never thought there would be any chance of us being relegated and never wanted Evans out unlike many did not so long ago but thought we'd blown promotion with the silliness of only having Crellin as a keeper.

Fortunately sense prevailed, Phoenix was kicked out and Evans brought in the right players in the January window to do the job.

As long as nothing bad happens to us, such as injuries or sending offs, of key players for the rest of the season we will go up and possibly even as champions.

5Are we going up? Empty Re: Are we going up? Thu Apr 15 2021, 17:27

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:Yes I believe we will.

I never thought there would be any chance of us being relegated and never wanted Evans out unlike many did not so long ago but thought we'd blown promotion with the silliness of only having Crellin as a keeper.

Fortunately sense prevailed, Phoenix was kicked out and Evans brought in the right players in the January window to do the job.

As long as nothing bad happens to us, such as injuries or sending offs, of key players for the rest of the season we will go up and possibly even as champions.
Agree with above on all counts, it's a strange league but for me i have always thought it essential that all strands of the club are pulling the same way for the first time in ten years that is the case. 

Going off points per game 9 points should be enough for automatic, i fully expect us to catch Cambridge, The championship is not beyond us but we need a Cheltenham wobble if that happens Friday i am with Boggers. (plus i backed us at 25/1)

6Are we going up? Empty Re: Are we going up? Thu Apr 15 2021, 18:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes.

7Are we going up? Empty Re: Are we going up? Thu Apr 15 2021, 22:02

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Champions hopefully, happy with auto though.  Who’s Evans?

8Are we going up? Empty Re: Are we going up? Thu Apr 15 2021, 22:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Champions hopefully, happy with auto though.  Who’s Evans?

You don't know who Evans is????

Someone tell him!

Very Happy

9Are we going up? Empty Re: Are we going up? Thu Apr 15 2021, 23:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd say it's 50 - 50 as there are so many factors still in play. Yes we're in the box seat ATM but we have some tough games coming up made even tougher by the stage of the season where most teams have something to play for and as pointed out weeks ago they include all the teams we have yet to play so it won't be a stroll.

Recently loads of other results have gone our way and we've had more than a slice of luck in our own games which tells me a) lower teams are eminently capable of beating higher teams in this league so there are no gimmes and b) we need luck on our side. One thing is for sure - we need to play every remaining game at our best level - there's no room for shit performances any more and we've had a few albeit mainly halves where we've been lucky not to get punished. Nor can we afford injuries to key players like Santos, Williams and Baptiste as we just don't have the same class of cover. Another big variable is the potential impact of of conceding a worldie, fluke, deflection or a bad refereeing decision - do we have the fire power to come back from an unforeseen setback or two?

But if all goes well we should have enough so it's 50 - 50 as our fate is still in the hands of the footballing gods. I'm firmly on the fence because anything can happen in football - and at BWFC it usually does.

10Are we going up? Empty Re: Are we going up? Fri Apr 16 2021, 09:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Champions hopefully, happy with auto though.  Who’s Evans?
Ask Agatha Christie.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

11Are we going up? Empty Re: Are we going up? Sat Apr 17 2021, 14:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I'd say it's 50 - 50 as there are so many factors still in play. Yes we're in the box seat ATM but we have some tough games coming up made even tougher by the stage of the season where most teams have something to play for and as pointed out weeks ago they include all the teams we have yet to play so it won't be a stroll.

Recently loads of other results have gone our way and we've had more than a slice of luck in our own games which tells me a) lower teams are eminently capable of beating higher teams in this league so there are no gimmes and b) we need luck on our side. One thing is for sure - we need to play every remaining game at our best level - there's no room for shit performances any more and we've had a few albeit mainly halves where we've been lucky not to get punished. Nor can we afford injuries to key players like Santos, Williams and Baptiste as we just don't have the same class of cover. Another big variable is the potential impact of of conceding a worldie, fluke, deflection or a bad refereeing decision - do we have the fire power to come back from an unforeseen setback or two?

But if all goes well we should have enough so it's 50 - 50 as our fate is still in the hands of the footballing gods. I'm firmly on the fence because anything can happen in football - and at BWFC it usually does.
This. 
Have to be much better in the remaining games to get automatic promotion.

12Are we going up? Empty Re: Are we going up? Sun Apr 18 2021, 20:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need to beat Carlisle and then we have to go to Morecambe and make sure we don't get beat. If we can do that then we are still on for automatic promotion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum