Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton boss' final message as Wanderers look to seal promotion

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt has urged his Wanderers to go and create a memory against Exeter this afternoon.

The Whites know victory against the play-off chasing Grecians will secure an immediate return to League One.

It would complete a remarkable turnaround for Evatt who, bolstered by a busy winter transfer window, has overseen a rapid rise up the League Two table since February.

And now the Wanderers boss wants May 1, 2021, to be a day those involved and supporters, even in their absence, can look back on in years to come.

“We know things changed behind the scenes and I don’t really want to discuss that any further now, people know what happened,” Evatt said.

“We signed more good characters in January, people that are used to winning football matches, people that are experienced and they helped the whole group come together. On the back of it, winning football matches breeds confidence.

“Seeing how they are together now, how they train, how they have become such a tight group of good friends is great to see.

“These moments, these emotions, they will bond them together for the rest of their life and in 10, 15, 20 years when they are not playing anymore and sat at home they can hopefully pick up a phone to me and say ‘remember that day at Exeter when we got the job done?’.

“We will always be able to share that memory together.

“I really want that for them and they want it themselves. That’s why they need to do it on Saturday.”

A season like no other is drawing to a close for Evatt.

Arriving from Barrow last summer, he has rebuilt his squad twice in the midst of a global pandemic that means his players have not been able to bond as would usually be the case.

The Bolton boss insists however the time to reflect will come and he is now simply focused on one thing, getting over the line at the UniBol.

“There is so much we have managed to achieve this season which really flies under the radar and that is one of the things, to recruit a whole new squad – maybe twice, in summer and January – and then get them to bond and play together with no time for mistakes. It is a huge achievement,” he said.

“There are loads of things we can talk about, things we have done this year, but only once the job has been done.

“It still isn’t, even though a lot of people feel like it is, we have got a job to do.”

Evatt has sensed a different mood in the camp this week with so much emphasis placed on the meeting with automatic promotion rivals Morecambe last week.

“I feel good, I feel great. I must admit,” he said.

“The lads are in a really good place this week. It’s a slightly different feel to last week, I sensed a few nerves last week.

“It’s the complete opposite this week really. The lads are determined, they’re relaxed and they’re ready to go.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum