Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tranmere sack Keith hill

+4
Sluffy
Norpig
karlypants
carl baxter
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tranmere sack Keith hill  Empty Tranmere sack Keith hill Tue May 11 2021, 10:36

carl baxter

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Not 100% sure but I’ve just heard this.
And they are in the playoffs.....crazy

http://www.cheshirechristmastrees.com

2Tranmere sack Keith hill  Empty Re: Tranmere sack Keith hill Tue May 11 2021, 10:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ex-Bolton Wanderers boss Keith Hill sacked by Tranmere Rovers despite securing League Two play-offs

Former Bolton Wanderers manager Keith Hill has been sacked as boss at Tranmere Rovers despite securing the club's place in the League Two play-offs.

The Prenton Park outfit finished seventh in the fourth tier of English football following a goalless draw against Colchester United.

The Super White Army are poised to take on Morecambe in the play-offs, and could yet secure a place in League One should they beat the Shrimps and then the victors of Forest Green Rovers and Newport County.

But Tranmere have wielded the axe and brought Hill's tenure to an end, nine days before the first leg of their semi-final against Morecambe.

Tranmere chairman Mark Palios said: "Despite success achieved on the pitch in the form of securing a place in the Play-Offs and reaching the Papa John’s Trophy final, in the Play-Offs an entire season gets distilled into two or three games.

“I have to do what I think gives us the best chance of achieving promotion in those games and I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that means making the change before the semi-finals begin.”

Ian Dawes will take charge for the play-offs and will be assisted by Andy Parkinson.

Hill was appointed as Tranmere boss in November and penned a deal until the end of the season, which would have been automatically extended by 12 months if the club secured promotion back to League One.

Hill became Wanderers manager at the end of August 2019 and was unable to prevent the club's slide into League Two, with Bolton being hampered by starting on -12 points as a result of administration.

He left Bolton last summer when his contract expired and was replaced at the University of Bolton Stadium by Ian Evatt, under whom Wanderers secured automatic promotion back to League One this weekend with a 4-1 win on the road over Crawley Town.

Source

3Tranmere sack Keith hill  Empty Re: Tranmere sack Keith hill Tue May 11 2021, 10:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like it's true! Bizarre as they are in the play-offs. Absolutely crazy if you ask me as he seemed to be doing a decent job. I wonder if he's had a fall out with Palios?

4Tranmere sack Keith hill  Empty Re: Tranmere sack Keith hill Tue May 11 2021, 11:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Looks like it's true! Bizarre as they are in the play-offs. Absolutely crazy if you ask me as he seemed to be doing a decent job. I wonder if he's had a fall out with Palios?

I'm guessing it's something to do with this...

"Hill was appointed as Tranmere boss in November and penned a deal until the end of the season, which would have been automatically extended by 12 months if the club secured promotion back to League One".

I think if he has spouted as much bollocks at Tranmere as he had at Bolton, then their owner wouldn't want to put up with him for another year and may as well get shut of him now whilst it will costs buttons than pay off a full years salary sometime next season if/when they got promoted - and sacked him when they couldn't take any more of him.

5Tranmere sack Keith hill  Empty Re: Tranmere sack Keith hill Tue May 11 2021, 11:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure they would have beaten Morecambe anyway but still seems harsh and surely they should have given him the opportunity to finish the season?

6Tranmere sack Keith hill  Empty Re: Tranmere sack Keith hill Tue May 11 2021, 11:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Not sure they would have beaten Morecambe anyway but still seems harsh and surely they should have given him the opportunity to finish the season?

Depends on if they are happy to have him as the manager next season - and I guess they clearly don't.

If they were happy to have him they would keep him whichever division they ended up in, so no reason to sack him now.

The fact they did sack him now suggests that they clearly don't want him (for whatever reason that is) to be their manager come what may - and aren't taking the chance that they would have to have him contractually for another year if they did go up.

7Tranmere sack Keith hill  Empty Re: Tranmere sack Keith hill Tue May 11 2021, 15:42

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

They wanted to make sure he wasn't there next season and sacked him before he had the opportunity to automatically extend his contract. Seems harsh, though.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

8Tranmere sack Keith hill  Empty Re: Tranmere sack Keith hill Tue May 11 2021, 17:47

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Not that I hold a grudge but I hope they crash out of the playoffs under the cruelest of circumstances. A missed penalty that comes off the post and rolls agonizingly along the line, shockingly unjust refereeing decisions, and conceding a last-minute freakish own goal would all be nice though.

9Tranmere sack Keith hill  Empty Re: Tranmere sack Keith hill Tue May 11 2021, 18:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Not that I hold a grudge but I hope they crash out of the playoffs under the cruelest of circumstances. A missed penalty that comes off the post and rolls agonizingly along the line, shockingly unjust refereeing decisions, and conceding a last-minute freakish own goal would all be nice though.

I've just noticed your avatar is an octopus giving the v-sign. I honestly thought it was a chandelier until now.

10Tranmere sack Keith hill  Empty Re: Tranmere sack Keith hill Tue May 11 2021, 23:50

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I've just noticed your avatar is an octopus giving the v-sign. I honestly thought it was a chandelier until now.

It’s a Mr. Bingo Fuckofftopus print. He got some press last year for his Brexit Tea Towel but is best known for his Hate Mail series - you can enjoy some of his other work here - the Vulva Plant may be of particular interest to you...
https://shop.mr.bingo/

11Tranmere sack Keith hill  Empty Re: Tranmere sack Keith hill Wed May 12 2021, 09:22

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Its not difficult to understand why Tranmere would not see Keith Hill as 'the future' for them but why would 'the Santini Group' choose to 'partner' with Tranmere Rovers?

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2020/april/the-santini-group-show-support-towards-the-community/

Seems an odd choice to make.

In any case, I'm supporting Morecambe in the play-offs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum