Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Danny Shittu - Not Coyle's biggest fan!

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Millwall defender Danny Shittu has admitted it felt sweet to get one over Bolton boss Owen Coyle at the weekend.

Shittu was at the Reebok Stadium when Coyle became manager in January 2010 but failed to feature under the Scot before joining Millwall that summer.
Now in his second spell with the Lions, Shittu was part of the Lions side that secured a last-gasp triumph over the Trotters on Saturday to ramp up the pressure on under-fire Coyle.
"I think the thing about it is that I've been playing football for so long now, so I'm not really trying to prove anything to anybody," Shittu told Sky Sports News. "But it was personal, it did mean an extra little thing to me because of me being at Bolton under Owen Coyle's reign.
"He's a great manager and everything, but personally I didn't feel he gave me the chance and the opportunity and I think that maybe was the first game where he's actually seen me play.
"So for me to play against him and beat his team, I was not happy for their supporters and their players because they're all great. But for me to get one up on Owen meant a lot because I've had to work hard since to do what I need to do in football to be playing again."

I can't seem to find a link to the Mirror's piece on the story but he goes on to say that he was "knocking on his door every week asking what I had to do to get a chance but he didn't want to know me."

Sour grapes or is Coyle not quite the sensitive chap he appears to be?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

probably a bit of both

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Next celebrity death match fight

Owen Coyle vs danny shittu

Shittu's a tank, owen would have no chance

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

JonnyRandom wrote:Next celebrity death match fight

Owen Coyle vs danny shittu

Shittu's a tank, owen would have no chance

Susan's lad is slippery though. Shittu would never get a hold of him and certainly wouldn't be able to set him on fire.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum