Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'A club like Bolton should want to go again' - Tutte aiming high at Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andy Tutte can enjoy sitting back on the sofa and look at his promotion medal with Wanderers, at least for the time being!

Just three weeks have gone by since Ian Evatt’s side clinched third spot at Crawley, celebrating in front of the UniBol in the wee hours of the morning with the club’s ecstatic fans.

But Tutte – who signed a new one-year deal with the Whites this week to play in League One – knows preparations for the step up in class are not far away.

In just under four weeks the EFL will release their fixture lists, with Bolton finding out when they will lock horns again with the likes of Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland, Ipswich Town and Wigan Athletic.

“These are the things when you are a kid that you grow up and want to play in,” said the 30-year-old.

“The pressure games, the promotion games. This club wants to go again.

“We went up three weeks ago and really enjoyed it but in four weeks the gaffer will be on us again for next season and a club like Bolton should want to go again.

“These are the clubs you want to play against, the stadia you want to play in, and it’s why you work hard when you are a kid.”

Tutte, who also helped Bury to promotion in 2014/15, says the memories of Wanderers’ late surge up the table and last-day win at Crawley will live with him forever.

“You can sit and the couch, look back and it’s nice. We got our medals a couple of weeks ago and that’s my second one now,” he said.

“This one was a bit nicer, doing it for such a big club like this, and getting back to the ground at midnight with fans and not being able to get off the coach.

“It gives you goosebumps and you don’t realise quite how big this club is until you see things like that.”

Tutte played 20 games last season but did not start a game beyond January when the signings of Kieran Lee and MJ Williams added extra competition to the midfield ranks.

The Liverpudlian has been rewarded for his efforts with a new deal – and many Bolton fans have also recognised his consistency in the first half of the campaign, when results were not necessarily going their way.

“You have to look at that, the individual performances, and people have told me that,” he said.

“You go out now and it’s the most important thing to get three points. It’s crazy now looking back and being 20th at the end of January but then ending up getting to third and automatic promotion.

“The togetherness and the bonds among the lads went a long way to achieving that.

“As a footballer you want to play as many games as you can. And I loved every second of it when I was on the pitch.

“When MJ came in and played a lot, I have a decent bond with him and we travelled in every day. I enjoyed supporting him and the other lads as well – it was a bit tough at times but I still loved every second of coming in, training, playing.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum