Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'My time of being a young lad has gone' - Harry Brockbank's new season pledge

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Harry Brockbank believes this season is the perfect time to shake off his ‘young gun’ tag.

The Wanderers defender turns 23 in September and is heading into his fourth season in the first team ranks.

Captain of the Junior Whites and an academy graduate who has been with the club since the age of seven, Bolton-born Brockbank is very much viewed by fans as one of their own.

But after a frustrating League Two campaign which was truncated by injuries, restricting him to 19 appearances, Brockbank is now looking to change his status next season and claim a regular spot in Ian Evatt’s plans.

“[My target is] Just to play football again – it’s all I ever want to do,” he said. “I want to break into the team, play as many games as I can and hopefully play a big part in another promotion push.

“I’m 23 this time so my time of being a young lad has gone. Hopefully this year I can get a few games and help the younger lads out because I know what it’s like being the youngest one.”

Brockbank has been with Bolton through good times and bad – training in the summer of 2019 with a group of first team players who had not been paid in months.

This pre-season, however, has a very different feel after promotion and the injection of fresh enthusiasm via new owners and a new manager.

“The club has a completely different feel to it, it feels a lot more positive and like we’re on the up. In the past you’d have probably said it was on the way down, very negative, very dull,” he said.

“Last year you absolutely hated coming in for the football but this year we’re loving it, the boys, the gaffer, everyone. I can’t wait to get going again.”

Brockbank has also set his sights on more success in the league and sees no reason why the UniBol – hopefully backed by the return of fans – cannot once again celebrate a promotion.

He added: “I don’t think you can be looking at mid-table, or just staying up, I think it’s important to think ‘let’s go again and get another promotion under our belt’.

“The only thing that was missing last year was the fans, we have missed them so much.

“As soon as they are back in, first game of the season, I can’t wait.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum