Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Bolton Wanderers YouTube documentary PART ONE BELOW!!!

+3
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

finlaymcdanger wrote:I just read the "documentary" as being part of their overarching brand campaign. It's still an ad. Whatever their mission statement is, whatever they consider their USPs to be, I'd imagine their intention is to build on their (so far) commendable efforts to better connect the club to the fanbase - which it does a good job of - and gradually grow it. These spots sell the history of the club with legends like Lofthouse, Worthington, McGinlay which appeals to the older fans and makes us proud to be Bolton fans. Gives them some good social media content too which has been very poor to date.

Ultimately though, these brand spots are in support of their Welcome Home season ticket campaign which seems to focus on the current regime of our exciting young manager Ian Evatt and our promotion winning heroes who hopefully appeal to a younger fanbase.

At the end of the day it all ladders up to the same message... Buy a season ticket!

I think the creative agency did a pretty good job with what I would imagine was a pretty small budget.

Thanks for your input Fin.

The timing of the documentary certainly coincides with ST's going on general sale but if it was just for that purpose alone then why do an open access to all areas of the club, five month project, just to do that???

I don't know what these things cost but the club has had no match day income for a year and is due to pay off £3.5m worth of unsecured creditors shortly, so it doesn't make such a venture seem financially viable - I mean they would get exactly the same result they wanted by just these spots (which I assume you mean interviews?) without the need to pay for them to follow the club around for half a season as well, wouldn't they?

I guess we will never actually know but I suspect this is more a two-way beneficial project to all partys involved than simply a BWFC commission simply to flog a few more ST's.

Thanks again for your reply.

Hope you and your family are keeping safe over the other side of the pond.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Dunno, Sluffy. I only skimmed it. Done properly creative is generally 10% of the overall campaign budget whatever the goal. They may also have obligations to partners and investors to spend x amount on marketing every year.

All good over here thanks. I hope you and yours are well too.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe they used the students at Loughborough Uni who are on the types of courses that could produce videos like this? Would be good for them and cheap for us.

I thought the same as Fin, it was to encourage people wondering whether to get a season ticket for next season to actually get one.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Maybe they used the students at Loughborough Uni who are on the types of courses that could produce videos like this? Would be good for them and cheap for us.

I thought the same as Fin, it was to encourage people wondering whether to get a season ticket for next season to actually get one.

That's actually the point I've been alluding to (and that it would also keep the company 5to6 ticking over whilst there isn't much sports promotion work about during the last year or so).

Maybe it is all about selling ST's but if it is then how does a 5 month open all areas of the club, help in doing that - and why pay for such if it really doesn't add to selling ST's if that was the only objective in the first place.

Just doesn't fit together in my mind - not that it really means much - just got me a bit curious, that's all.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

finlaymcdanger wrote:Dunno, Sluffy. I only skimmed it. Done properly creative is generally 10% of the overall campaign budget whatever the goal. They may also have obligations to partners and investors to spend x amount on marketing every year.

All good over here thanks. I hope you and yours are well too.

All good for me too thanks, my daughter is now living in London and gets her first jab this week, so she's moving forward with her life too.

We don't seem to hear much about Covid and America much over here so I assume that no news is good news - hope so any way?

Thanks for your replies about the documentary, as long as those that are/have paid for it are happy then I guess that's all that matters - certainly the twitter reply's to it are all swooning over it (but then again the saying preaching to the converted comes to mind it those cases).

Onwards and upwards now for the mighty whites from now on eh!

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm typically inclined to trust that the owners/people running the business side of things and those managing the football operations to know what they're doing.

As far as I'm aware Sharon Brittan has done a great job since taking over and Ian Evatt certainly delivered last season, albeit by the skin of his teeth. I'll never know enough about running a football club to question her decisions and I'm not one to question team selections by any manager because I don't work with the players every day or study the opposition. They're the experts.

I just hope that we're financially stable enough to support IE in his League 1 campaign. I've noticed a lot of optimism about our chances of promotion next season but only see a League 2 squad so far. I don't know if there is a big difference in quality between L1 and L2 but can only presume that the majority of players in L1 are there because they're better than their L2 counterparts. Hopefully, our current squad can make the step up.

Let's see what happens between now and the new season kicking off but I'll be happy with staying up at this stage. New signings with experience of playing at a higher level are essential in the next few weeks if we're to keep the momentum and winning mentality around the club.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Part 2 coming out at 5 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum