Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Will Aimson signs - Two year contract.

+2
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never heard of him.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Never heard of him.

Me neither but played for Bury and Blackpool previously. It seems that Ryan Lowe didn’t fancy him along with a few of his other defenders after Plymouth conceded 80 goals in their 46 games last season!! Not the best endorsement but Evatt must think he has something so we’ll wait and see. I shouldn’t imagine he’ll be a big earner, so probably more a squad player than a starter. Just need to get the keeper and forwards situations sorted now.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I really want us to sign someone I've heard of.

I hope the manager has an ace up his sleeve for our next star striker.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:I really want us to sign someone I've heard of.

Star strikers cost star money Nat, either in fees or wages, which we don’t have I’m afraid but I’m sure IE will want players he’s sure can deliver. In a way, I’m glad we haven’t signed the forwards yet because it may mean that he’s looking for quality and they may have more options, so although like you I hope it’s someone known, as long as they can do the job I’ll trust IE to do his job.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Star strikers cost star money Nat, either in fees or wages, which we don’t have I’m afraid but I’m sure IE will want players he’s sure can deliver.

When I play 'The Double' on my Commodore 64 I spend all my money on a brilliant striker and play donkeys everywhere else.

I once won Division 3 with this tactic. The manager should try it.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:

Star strikers cost star money Nat, either in fees or wages, which we don’t have I’m afraid but I’m sure IE will want players he’s sure can deliver. In a way, I’m glad we haven’t signed the forwards yet because it may mean that he’s looking for quality and they may have more options, so although like you I hope it’s someone known, as long as they can do the job I’ll trust IE to do his job.

I reckon that we will be bringing loan players in again this coming season.

Whether they will be a striker or two I don't know but it would possibly allow us to get a good youngster from a top club like we did with Dapo or even a 'proven' striker at our level from say a Championship club who is surplus to requirements because something as changed within that club, maybe like a new manager playing a different style of play or maybe the clubs bought a better striker and pushed the player down the pecking order.

Of course I might well be wrong but I am sure loan players will be coming in - and that if they are from higher tier clubs there might be clauses in the deals that they have to play a set number of games and if you think about it, which positions do we really need to strengthen that we haven't already signed players for?

Certainly helps get around issues with transfer fees or wages even though there may be a loan fee to pay.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

This bloke is currently without a club!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

...and to think Sergio Ramos is a free agent!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't see Greenidge staying now as we have 5 CB's. I don't remember Aimson from Bury but i saw a few Plymouth fans on FB were saying he was their best defender last season even though they conceded a lot. More likely to be another back-up.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good luck to the lad of course.

We seem to be a bit top heavy with center backs for some reason. Hopefully there is still budget for more creative players up top.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is there a chance he may look to go back to a back 3? I'm hoping not!

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:Is there a chance he may look to go back to a back 3? I'm hoping not!

I can’t see that Norpig because the back four was so much more successful but I think it gives him the opportunity to do it occasionally if the situation arises. We were pretty lucky last year that neither Baps or Rico suffered injuries or suspensions, so at least we now have good cover for all eventualities.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Keegan wrote:...and to think Sergio Ramos is a free agent!

There are actually a few good strikers available actually but I suppose as usual it will come down to money and whether IE thinks they will adapt and fit in with his style. What we don’t want is some Billy big bollocks who is only here for a pay packet like we’ve had in the past and I don’t think IE will want that either. I’m sure we can rely on him to bring in someone hungry and looking to deliver.

Good addition to the squad by the sound of it. As others have said, priority has to be another striker now. Although it feels like our starting 11 is pretty well in place now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum