Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where are they now - Phil Parkinson

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where are they now - Phil Parkinson Empty Where are they now - Phil Parkinson Thu Jul 01 2021, 21:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Manager of Wrexham which is owned by the two film stars from Hollywood and sponsored by Tik Tok!

Boy will they be thrilled with Phil's attacking philosophy!

The very best of luck to him anyway!

And also...

Last edited by Sluffy on Thu Jul 01 2021, 22:00; edited 1 time in total

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never heard of him.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bit of a drop down to the Conference for him, they must be paying him well.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I saw Rob McElhenney (new Wrexham owner with Ryan Reynolds) on Seth Meyers last night and he came across very well.

He said the reason he'd gotten involved was mainly because of promotion and relegation and the dream of taking a small club to the top, something that can't happen in the US because everything is a closed shop.

Not sure he'll be so happy after a few months of Parky tactics.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Phil Parkinson's Wrexham bomb out of the Conference play-offs, so much for the Hollywood money to get them promoted!

SAT 28 MAY 2022NATIONAL LEAGUE - PLAY-OFF SEMI-FINALS
Wrexham 4 -5 Grimsby Town

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Wrexham co-owners Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney were at the Racecourse for a nail-biting afternoon

Grimsby Town secured another dramatic extra-time win to shatter Wrexham's dreams of National League promotion.

Paul Mullin's penalty gave Wrexham the lead but John McAtee levelled, with Luke Waterfall putting Grimsby ahead.

Ben Tozer and Mullin made it 3-2 and although Ryan Taylor and Mani Dieseruvwe restored Grimsby's advantage, Jordan Davies equalised.

Waterfall scored a 119th-winner for Grimsby, who had beaten Notts County in extra-time in the play-off eliminator.

Grimsby will now face Solihull Moors or Chesterfield in the final at West Ham's London Stadium on Sunday, 5 June.

The Mariners are now 90 minutes away from a swift return to League Two, while Wrexham's absence from the EFL will now extend to a 15th season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Couldn’t be more pleased to see Wrexham fluff it at the end. They must have been so sure of themselves but now the Hollywooders will have to realise this is not a film script but all real. Got to do it all again next year chaps, Quel dommage!!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Personally I feel sorry for Wrexham because they've gone through a similar experience to BWFC and are the third oldest professional club in the world - and the first Welsh club - founded in 1864. Only 10 years ago they were facing a wind up petition from HMRC and like us they had the sharks circling - a string of dodgy businessmen with even dodgier track records - so I was quite pleased when the Hollywood guys got involved because they are people who can't be seen to have let the club down so they won't.
It's clear they aren't going to throw loads of money at it, but they have kept a piece of footballing history alive and when they go, Wrexham FC will be in a better place than they have been in recent times. So good luck to them.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Personally I feel sorry for Wrexham because they've gone through a similar experience to BWFC and are the third oldest professional club in the world - and the first Welsh club - founded in 1864. Only 10 years ago they were facing a wind up petition from HMRC and like us they had the sharks circling - a string of dodgy businessmen with even dodgier track records - so I was quite pleased when the Hollywood guys got involved because they are people who can't be seen to have let the club down so they won't.
It's clear they aren't going to throw loads of money at it, but they have kept a piece of footballing history alive and when they go, Wrexham FC will be in a better place than they have been in recent times. So good luck to them.

Shocked

They had the biggest wage bill and the biggest expenditure on transfers in the whole of non league football last year - and probably bigger than more than a few League 2 teams as well!

So I would say they have already thrown loads of money at it!

(No doubt they can easily afford it though).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum