Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-3 MK Dons

+10
Bolton Nuts
okocha
karlypants
wessy
Whitesince63
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Empty Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Jul 31 2021, 15:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It doesn't seem 5 minutes ago we were celebrating promotion, but can you believe the new season kicks off on Saturday?

I'm usually an optimist but I don't like the look of our squad, it doesn't look any better than the one that just about got promoted from League 1. My biggest concern is where the goals are going to come from, I really wanted us to sign a proven goal-getter at this level, but that hasn't happened. It looks like the pressure will be on Doyle once again.

I'll go for 1-1.

2Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Mon Aug 02 2021, 17:21

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MK Dons have just lost their manager and just been beaten 5-0 (Bournemouth). I can see a standard Bolton 1-0 win. It would be great to start the season of with a win!

3Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Mon Aug 02 2021, 17:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I remember my dear old mother many years ago telling me that if BWFC had a good pre-season that they will have a poor full season and visa-versa.

I've never checked the stats to how true that is but over the years it has always stuck in my mind and always 'felt' to be the case.

On the basis of our 'good' pre-season and MK Dons being somewhat of a nightmare, I'm fully expecting us to lose!

Hope I'm wrong though!

4Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Mon Aug 02 2021, 17:57

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

They’ve struggled against the drop pretty much every season since they went up to League 1 and don’t have any money to spend since building the new stadium. I did hear that they have brought in 3 young and very promising loanees from Chelsea though who have looked good despite their pre-season results.

Difficult to predict so early in the season so I’ll probably just copy BTID as usual.

5Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Mon Aug 02 2021, 21:46

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Difficult to predict so early in the season so I’ll probably just copy BTID as usual.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

6Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Tue Aug 03 2021, 11:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They'll be a big crowd in and will roar on BWFC to a home win, i reckon 2-1. Can't wait to get back into the stadium!

7Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Tue Aug 03 2021, 18:19

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

3-0 to the Whites as the players step up to the task.

8Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Fri Aug 06 2021, 17:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

9Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Fri Aug 06 2021, 19:11

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:It doesn't seem 5 minutes ago we were celebrating promotion, but can you believe the new season kicks off on Saturday?

I'm usually an optimist but I don't like the look of our squad, it doesn't look any better than the one that just about got promoted from League 1. My biggest concern is where the goals are going to come from, I really wanted us to sign a proven goal-getter at this level, but that hasn't happened. It looks like the pressure will be on Doyle once again.

I'll go for 1-1.
If your our token optimist hope to god we don't have a pessimist  Shocked Bolton 2-0

10Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Fri Aug 06 2021, 19:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts will be back again for the new season!

11Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Fri Aug 06 2021, 19:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are going to set off on the right foot tomorrow with a win.

I'm going for 2-1 to the Wanderers! ::bwfcfan::

12Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Aug 07 2021, 10:34

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

In light of their recent experiences, I suspect MK might try to park the bus, but we'll wear them down and get a narrow win [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

13Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Aug 07 2021, 11:33

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Radio Nuts will be back again for the new season!

Thanks KP!

14Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Aug 07 2021, 11:34

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Making the trip over today, lets hope its a great atmosphere and we get the win!

15Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Aug 07 2021, 12:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Bolton Wanderers vs. MK Dons

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ian Evatt’s men welcome MK Dons to the University of Bolton Stadium for our Sky Bet League One season opener.

With an unbeaten pre-season over and done with, attention turns to today’s opening game, which sees fans return to the ground to watch a competitive home fixture for the first time since February 2020.

Pre-match quotes:

Ian Evatt: “We’re looking forward to it but, mostly to see the fans in their numbers here at the University of Bolton Stadium.

“We’re excited to be playing in front of them and hopefully put on a show to be proud of.

“Football is nothing without its support and ours has really come together the last six months.

“We’ve sold over 10,000 season tickets, which is absolutely amazing, and we can’t wait to get started.

On MK Dons: “A tough challenge. I think they are a very good team that are difficult to play against.

“They are very open and expansive with their play, which means it’ll be two teams trying to control the possession.

“We have to come up with a strategy to combat that.”

Team News:

Ian Evatt goes into the fixture with no new injury concerns, other than the long-standing injury to loanee winger Xavier Amaechi.

With a plethora of options under his belt to choose from, keep your eyes peeled to our social media accounts at 2pm, as the first team sheet of the season will be revealed.

Cash Turnstiles

Wanderers supporters' will be able to purchase tickets directly from the turnstiles at Block M of the Carrs Pasties North Stand lower tier, ahead of tomorrow’s 3pm kick off.

Tickets will be sold on a cash only basis from 1.45pm.

Prices for the fixture are as follows;

Adults - £21.00

Over 65s/Under 23s - £16.00

Under 18s - £10.00

Under 12s - £8.00

Supporters can avoid the match day queues altogether by purchasing tickets for the fixture, online HERE & taking advantage of the club’s Digital Ticket & Print at Home facility.

Last Time Out

We last welcomed the Dons to the University of Bolton Stadium back in November 2019.

A match filled with drama, former Wanderers’ striker Daryl Murphy went from zero to hero, as he slotted home an injury time winner mere minutes after missing a penalty for the Whites.

That late goal was the difference in this one, as Bolton took the 1-0 victory.

Match Officials:

Referee: Martin Coy

Assistants: Martin Newhouse and Hristo Karaivanov

Fourth Official: Tom Reeves

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

16Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Aug 07 2021, 12:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

17Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Aug 07 2021, 12:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
karlypants wrote:Radio Nuts will be back again for the new season!

Thanks KP!

My pleasure! Smile

18Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Aug 07 2021, 14:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

19Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 MK Dons Sat Aug 07 2021, 14:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!