Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee?

+5
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
Michael Bolton
Copper Dragon
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Empty Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Sat Oct 13 2012, 14:00

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

That's what I've heard (3rd hand mind) which has come from an ex Bolton and Burnley player.

I don't suppose that would go down too well would it?

Edit - Sorry, the word used was 'internal'.

2Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Empty Re: Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Sat Oct 13 2012, 16:20

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I doubt it. He has been manager before and lasted less than ten games - he was hopeless

3Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Empty Re: Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Sat Oct 13 2012, 17:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Worse Bolton manager in my lifetime...

...until Coyle came along.

I think our players are probably good enough to go up so imo we need someone to organise, discipline and motivate them.

Someone with a track record of doing just that.

Billy Davies it is for me then.

High maintenance probably and arguments and fall out's ahead with Gartside (if he's not already been sacked after the Coyle 'sacked a year too late' fiasco) but promotion is needed and I doubt there are many others we could realistically attract who could achieve this with the self imposed handicap we have already lumbered on ourselves by giving clueless Coyle a quarter of the season to continue to prove how bloody useless he really was.

4Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Empty Re: Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Sat Oct 13 2012, 17:08

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I wouldn't be surprised with Billy Davies, we already have his old assistant from Notts Forest (Julian Darby) so he would probably be tempted into takng the role on.

However if we win our first game without coyle, under Phillips, Lee and Darby I can see some fans calling for it to be made permenant.....especially if we win well.

5Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Empty Re: Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Sat Oct 13 2012, 17:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

... surely not.

6Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Empty Re: Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Sat Oct 13 2012, 17:19

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Come on Hipster you know aswell as I do that some of our fans are fickle, if we put 4/5 past bristol they will want Phillips and Lee to be hired.

7Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Empty Re: Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Sat Oct 13 2012, 17:25

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy - If you got Billy Davies then you'd be looking for another manager by next summer at the latest.

Little bawling Billy is a bottler and will want a transfer budget equal to that of Man City's (exaggerated to make the point).

8Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Empty Re: Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Sat Oct 13 2012, 17:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gartside promised us a young manager. I believe him.

9Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Empty Re: Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Sat Oct 13 2012, 17:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Copper Dragon wrote:Sluffy - If you got Billy Davies then you'd be looking for another manager by next summer at the latest.

Little bawling Billy is a bottler and will want a transfer budget equal to that of Man City's (exaggerated to make the point).

You're probably right but the short term priority surely must be promotion to the Premier and all the £ millions that go with it for a club £110+ million in debt.

Can't realistically see anyone else we could get with a proven track record of achievement.

Might as well take a punt on somebody who as done it at three clubs than a punt on somebody who might be able to - or again might not!

I also would imagine that if Davies does have a brain in his head, then he to would want to rid himself of the reputation he as acquired of a difficult manager by sticking at a club and not making any (many) big waves.

But then again what do I know!

10Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Empty Re: Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Sat Oct 13 2012, 18:34

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Davies has only got the same success rate as Susan's lad.

He's been sacked twice and has walked out twice. He helped Derby get the lowest ever points total for a Premier League team. Preston haven't recovered since he was there (not blaming it all on him though). Part of the reason that he was binned at Forest was because he was whinging that he wasn't getting enough brass for players even though they had one of the better squads in the division.

I don't think he's what you need.

11Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Empty Re: Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Sat Oct 13 2012, 19:05

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lee is, for me, considerably worse than Coyle. But if we have to take our time to get the right man in, and that means Lee taking charge for a few games, so be it.

12Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Empty Re: Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Sat Oct 13 2012, 19:17

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think Davies is everything the owner and chairman aren't looking for. They want somebody that will persevere with the shit cash situation, or at least keep quiet about it in public. Not a cat in hell's chance of that with Billy.

13Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Empty Re: Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Sat Oct 13 2012, 19:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Copper Dragon wrote:Davies has only got the same success rate as Susan's lad.

He's been sacked twice and has walked out twice. He helped Derby get the lowest ever points total for a Premier League team. Preston haven't recovered since he was there (not blaming it all on him though). Part of the reason that he was binned at Forest was because he was whinging that he wasn't getting enough brass for players even though they had one of the better squads in the division.

I don't think he's what you need.

He's only been promoted once the same as Coyle, true, but he's got three different clubs to the Championship play-offs which suggests to me that he didn't just fall lucky at one club but that he can actually manage as well.

Rather have the problem of a difficult manager who actually can manage, than a bloody nice bloke like Coyle who can not.

Out of interest who do you think the manager is that we (realistically) need?

14Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Empty Re: Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Sat Oct 13 2012, 19:28

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
He's only been promoted once the same as Coyle, true, but he's got three different clubs to the Championship play-offs which suggests to me that he didn't just fall lucky at one club but that he can actually manage as well.

My feelings too. There's an encouraging level of consistency in his work.

15Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Empty Re: Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Sat Oct 13 2012, 21:31

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

'but he's got three different clubs to the Championship play-offs'

I've already covered the bottler bit. Very Happy

'Out of interest who do you think the manager is that we (realistically) need?'

Keith Hill or Gennaro Gattusso as player manager Very Happy

16Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Empty Re: Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Sat Oct 13 2012, 23:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would love Gattuso to play and if it meant making him manager just to make it happen, so what? I can see it now....drunken

17Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Empty Re: Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Tue Oct 16 2012, 15:07

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Looks like some have heard the same as I have......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

18Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Empty Re: Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Tue Oct 16 2012, 15:37

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I think I would rather have Megson back than Lee. He was even more clueless than Coyle and truly started the rot.

19Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Empty Re: Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Tue Oct 16 2012, 15:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The style Lee tried to adopt was pretty much the same as OC. This time round he appears to have taken notice of the basics like not conceding every game - but we'll see how it pans out.

20Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Empty Re: Is it all pointing to Sammy Lee? Tue Oct 16 2012, 15:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:Looks like some have heard the same as I have......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ha ha, someone claims it's going to be Julian Darby. I'd love it if that happened.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum