Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should you get special treatment just because you have kids?

+4
Bernard Dennis Park
xmiles
Lyric Todkill
Hipster_Nebula
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was scanning facebook and one of my "friends" had "liked" this story.

Removed the name obviously. But for some reason it made me angry.

(it's about Tesco BTW)

Should you get special treatment just because you have kids? IpX0vDiUkS914

I don't understand why this woman deserves special treatment just because she has a kid, am i being a tosser or should the world owe you something because you've spawned a child.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I was scanning facebook and one of my "friends" had "liked" this story.

Removed the name obviously. But for some reason it made me angry.

(it's about Tesco BTW)

Should you get special treatment just because you have kids? IpX0vDiUkS914

I don't understand why this woman deserves special treatment just because she has a kid, am i being a tosser or should the world owe you something because you've spawned a child.

I do agree

But, Tesco were also being silly

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I think the Tesco staff were stupid, but what is this special treatment that so offends you? Unless the coffee shop was packed I can't see that there is a problem, and even if it was packed it would have been more sensible to let her feed her baby. It wouldn't have taken long.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's more the fact she assumed because she had a baby she wouldn't have to follow the same rules as everyone else. I.E buy an item to use the facilities.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think she has a point really. She'd done some shopping in the supermarket so had spent some money there. The member of staff should've used some common sense imo.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I guess we really need to know a few more facts before we can make a proper judgement, like was the coffee shop busy or not at the time, or what / how was she feeding the baby.

If it was lunchtime and people were waiting for tables it would seem more reasonable to ask her to buy something or let someone else who is, to sit there but if the place was quiet then I don't really see a problem.

Was she breast feeding the baby - or giving it a bottle? Perhaps there was a baby changing room where she could better have breast fed in privacy rather than in front people but giving a bottle would not have offended anyone.

Who knows - but there are usually two sides to every story and I dare say Tesco's had a valid reason for doing what they did.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I think she has a point really. She'd done some shopping in the supermarket so had spent some money there. The member of staff should've used some common sense imo.

Apparently reading some of the comments the Cafe is a separate entity, Like a costa so it's not actually part of Tesco.

The whole "buy something so you can sit" thing is annoying, especially in places like airports and train stations.

but i don't see why just because she has a kid she should get different treatment, and she clearly expects it.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I think the age of the kid is relevant. A baby, which is what we are talking about in this instance, is different from a kid. If she were feeding a kid I think it is reasonable to expect her to buy something. A baby is different. Either breast or bottle feeding I wouldn't have a problem with unless the cafe was very busy.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tesco are happy to run a coffee shop within their store and if she has spent money in their premises then she should be entitled to feed her child.

I never use Tesco. You don't get this kind of treatment at Asda or Sainsburys.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The more i think about this the more it riles me, whatever happened to
"Women and Children First''
Might be old fashioned but i'd put the needs of a Mother and Child first, before the need to purchase a cup of Coffee whatever.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

The whole "buy something so you can sit" thing is annoying, especially in places like airports and train stations.

So if you get home tonight and someone is sat in your front room watching X-Factor you won't mind?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat you'll see from my earlier posts that we're arguing the same point.

but i find it annoying at airports and train stations where there is limited seating, that doesn't mean i don't oblige and buy something.

Lets change the scenario.

If you walk into a cafe and are asked to "buy to sit" but see a mother and child sitting there having not bought anything and freely using the facilities would that annoy you? Maybe I'm just out of touch.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
If you walk into a cafe and are asked to "buy to sit" but see a mother and child sitting there having not bought anything and freely using the facilities would that annoy you? Maybe I'm just out of touch.

Yes if child old enough to walk but mother and baby, no.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

You are. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum