Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who's the most famous person you've met?

+9
okocha
wanderlust
Hip Priest
Ten Bobsworth
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My 14 year old son has just rang me all excited to say he's just met Patrice Evra and got a photo with him. it takes a lot to get my lad excited about anything but he sounded really happy about it (he does support City but that's another matter)

Who's the most famous person you've met and had a chat with?

I've met a few old Bolton players over the years like Gudni, Gerry Taggart, Phil Brown and Tony Philliskirk but never really bumped into a major celeb (Does the bloke out of Rita, Sue and Bob too count?  Very Happy)

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Frank Bruno, no chat just hi and a picture Smile

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kenneth Williams.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’ve never really had a chat with a celeb apart from when we had Ian Greaves? On our team for one of those football quizzes. Must be approx 10 years ago that now.

In the early 2000’s I was catching my connecting flight in Heathrow to Manchester and got into the lounge and after sitting down I glanced over to the seat next to me and smiled trying to play it cool as it was the one and only Bruce Forsyth. Yes you read that right Bonce. Very Happy  He was going to open a charity event or something.

On another occasion in Heathrow I nearly literally bumped into Rio Ferdinand who was quite a way in front of his now sadly deceased wife giving her what for as they were going to miss their flight.

I can’t remember how this one came about but I ended up bringing Big Sams recycling bins in on one occasion.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last one I think…bumped into Nicky Hunt not long before Covid started with him ordering a bacon, sausage and egg barm one Sunday. The fat git. Then again he needed a bit more meat on them legs. Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Last one I think…bumped into Nicky Hunt not long before Covid started with him ordering a bacon, sausage and egg barm one Sunday. The fat git.

And you were there to buy a salad I presume?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Christopher Biggins after a panto one year.

Julian Clary after a panto one year.

Spit the dog after a panto one year.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I nearly met the Queen once at one of her garden parties but I have met a few knights of the realm including Sir Tom Finney, Sir Bobby Charlton and Sir Bill Beaumont.

I never met Sir Jimmy Saville, Sir Fred Goodwin or Sir James Crosbie though.

Met several BWFC managers, players and directors over the years.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Everton chairman and ex Coronation St actor Bill Kenwright grabbed a hold of my young 11 year old nipper Daniel (aka Doffcocker in a former life) as we waited outside Goodison and declared that he was a dead ringer for Harry Potter (which he definitely was).

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Met a few.
Most spectacular was Grace Jones - dressed like Elton John meets Eartha Kitt in the curtains section of Lewis's - but we didn't chat.
Nicest to talk to was Michael Palin - absolute gentleman and all round nice guy.
Most out of it was John Martyn.
Campest was Freddie Mercury.
Most interesting was Greg Olsen the space tourist who I met at his SA wine farm - with his enormous Namibian bodyguard who fortunately had a sense of humour Smile
Most irritating was Timmy Mallett who after two minutes made me want to kill him there and then.
Loads of politicians. Did you know that Tony Blair is hung like a horse?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Forgot to mention Max Wall. He kindly signed his autobiography for me outside the Greenwich Theatre, after his performance in Krapp's Last Tape.
Who's the most famous person you've met? Img_1832

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Upon seeing the photo I presumed 'Krapp' was the person who asked for the autograph.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I taught the son of England goalkeeper, David James, and also the daughter of naturalist, Chris Packham, so obviously met their famous parents and chatted with them at Consultation Evenings. 

Meghan is now quite famous in her own right as a presenter of BBC Countryfile. She was in the group of students that we took to NY and Washington. We had the extremely humbling opportunity to visit Ground Zero. Charming girl and an excellent A* English pupil.

David James' son was not as bright, but willing enough. Dad turned the heads of most of the female teachers when he showed up!

Also knew the 2nd president of the Paralympic Committee, Sir Philip Craven, who was in the same year as me at school and had his crippling accident in 1966.

Moving to Hampshire gave me the chance to chat on the boundary edge with David Gower and the incomparable Muttiah Muralitheran.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I met Ricardo "Bibi" Gardner while wearing one of my Retro Bolton shirts - one he wore as a player! Totally unplanned, but I promptly blamed him for making me a Wanderer.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Purely career related but I’ve met and worked with a lot of celebrities. The most famous probably Dwayne The Rock Johnson, Mike Tyson, Harrison Ford, Sir Ian McKellen, George Lucas, Iggy Pop, Dave Grohl, Beyoncé, Jennifer Lopez, Christina Aguilera, Marya Carey, Angelina Jolie and my favorite… Billy Bob Thornton. All really cool to work with but I’ve encountered a few stinkers too who I’ll keep to myself.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ben Shepherd on tipping point, and Hylda Baker who took me to Southport in her massive(to me at the time) Rover.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Purely career related but I’ve met and worked with a lot of celebrities. The most famous probably Dwayne The Rock Johnson, Mike Tyson, Harrison Ford, Sir Ian McKellen, George Lucas, Iggy Pop, Dave Grohl, Beyoncé, Jennifer Lopez, Christina Aguilera, Marya Carey, Angelina Jolie and my favorite… Billy Bob Thornton. All really cool to work with but I’ve encountered a few stinkers too who I’ll keep to myself.
Thats some list Fin  Shocked

Come on spill the beans on the ones who were horrible  Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just remembered Chris Ecclestone. My dad went to school with his, and Chris's dad organised a yearly reunion. TV producer Ronnie Baxter was a regular attendee.
Chris's dad lived on Coniston avenue in Little Hulton, and was a great bloke.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Mark Patterson, Seaworld Florida. He spotted my Bolton top. 

Diouf Diouf. The Bar. Bolton. Had a photo with him. But could only see his teeth.

Mark Davies. On the pitch at the Reebok. 

Kevin Nolan. My mate told him I fancy him. Later, he sent me a love note on a napkin. We all had a good laugh. And presumably he was messing about. 

Derek Okora. Scouse psychic. Sat next to him on a flight.
He complained that he wasn't sat next to his wife. And then he told me not to take any photos.. He assumed I wanted one of him. His psychic abilities were not on point that day.

Ruth Madeley, I knew her when I was of night club age. She was friends with my friends. She probably wouldn't remember me. Always a cute girl.

Connor Hall, is he famous? 
Had the occasional kick about with him. I claim I taught him everything he knows. He beat me at squash last year. 

I've seen a few others floating about in shops etc but not too talk to.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum