Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton

+7
Whitesince63
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
Norpig
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  Empty Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Sat Dec 04 2021, 12:18

Bolton Nuts

Admin

We travel to Accy who are two points behind us in the league with 3 points from their last 5 matches. We have 7 points from 5 games in the league and have a couple of players back in contention.
Accy, its worth nothing, have conceded more goals than any other team in the league this season so I don't know if that means they will sit deep and try not to concede, or if they concede a lot because they are an open team.
I can't see anything but a Bolton win today, after a sluggish efl trophy performance midweek, expect us to bounce back.
Mystic Biggie is going 3-1 to Bolton.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Sat Dec 04 2021, 13:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You seemed to have jumped a game here. We play away at Fleetwood on Tuesday evening.

3Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Sat Dec 04 2021, 15:12

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Oops. Put it on ice.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

4Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Thu Dec 09 2021, 11:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't see anything other than a defeat on Saturday to be honest, that performance at Fleetwood was awful and even though we will have Williams back it won't be enough. We are going to get sucked into a relegation battle by January if we keep going the way we are.

5Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Thu Dec 09 2021, 12:17

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We should get rid of Santos as captain. Good player when he can be bothered, but as much use as tits on a bull when it comes to motivating the team, it would seem

6Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Thu Dec 09 2021, 13:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we get dicked at Accrington the manager has to go.

I just can't see us scoring. And I certainly can't see us keeping a clean sheet.

Evans out.

7Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Thu Dec 09 2021, 13:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:We should get rid of Santos as captain. Good player when he can be bothered, but as much use as tits on a bull when it comes to motivating the team, it would seem
 Nice to see you back Glos and i agree but we have no natural leaders in the team. I would give it to Williams and let Santos concentrate on defending but he desperately needs a new CB partner as Johnston is shite and Aimson not much better.

8Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Fri Dec 10 2021, 00:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do we think there is a natural leader on the team? Seems to me we have a few talented youngsters and some older pros who hardly come across as personality plus.
In 3 years time I'd be giving it to George T but right now it seems we're short in that department bar Baptiste who doesn't play enough to be considered.
MJ seems  to be the best option but he comes across as Mr Nice Guy who rats about but isn't very vocal. Maybe Johnston if he can get some consistency?

As for Accrington I expect a reaction from our lot.

9Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Fri Dec 10 2021, 08:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

10Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Fri Dec 10 2021, 11:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is Santos ban only one game then?  Someone suggested it was 3 games for a straight red but it would be a boost if it's only one.

11Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Fri Dec 10 2021, 13:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i thought a straight red was 3 games but it seems like if its classed as a professional foul it's only 1 game.

12Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Fri Dec 10 2021, 14:19

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I hope it is 3 because Rico has been utterly appalling recently and it might be worth seeing how we get on without him for a piece. Successful CH positions are usually partnerships but Rico doesn’t seem to work with anyone, just ambles about and is slow on the turn. As for captaincy, what on earth did Evatt see in him that made him think he was the one, I just don’t know but once you’ve given somebody the arm band, it’s difficult to take it off them. I didn’t rate Doyle much for Captain but I’d much rather him than Rico as at least he puts himself about a bit. I like MJ but I don’t want him to suffer with the responsibility as some do. Personally, I think Brocky would make a good captain. I know some criticise him,unfairly in my view, but he’s got more about him than some of our lot, is Bolton through and through and is a battler.

13Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Fri Dec 10 2021, 17:47

In fairness, without being in the dressing room you don’t know who the best candidate for captain is and certainly can’t say Rico is unsuitable. As Nat pointed out on another thread there don’t seem to be any obvious leaders in this team (which we need to rectify), so captain’s probably been given based on respect off the pitch.

14Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Sat Dec 11 2021, 14:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

15Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Sat Dec 11 2021, 14:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

16Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Sat Dec 11 2021, 14:41

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

T.R.O.Y. wrote:In fairness, without being in the dressing room you don’t know who the best candidate for captain is and certainly can’t say Rico is unsuitable. As Nat pointed out on another thread there don’t seem to be any obvious leaders in this team (which we need to rectify), so captain’s probably been given based on respect off the pitch.

That’s true Troy, just stating an uninformed opinion. 😌

17Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Sat Dec 11 2021, 14:43

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Survive the first 20 minutes without conceding and I think we can get into this game and compete for an away point today. Accrington aren't any better than us and I think the smart move would be to retain the ball for as much of the game as possible and just try not to concede. I can't see us scoring.

18Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Sat Dec 11 2021, 14:47

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Whitesince63 wrote:

That’s true Troy, just stating an uninformed opinion. 😌

Lee seems to be the obvious choice for me but as you say we don't know the personalities in the dressing room. I don't think Evatt will take it away from Santos this season.

19Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Sat Dec 11 2021, 19:14

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have avoided the 'R' word --- until now.  15th in the table and no sign of a goal - never mind a win any time in the near future.
My concern is that we are not being beaten by flukes or last minute penalties etc. - we are being out played. We don't win the second ball, headers, corners and free kicks are worthless --We are a long way from being "the best team in the league".
Today young George had his worst game in a Bolton shirt and should have subbed out at half time.
I think what summed it up nicely was with 90 seconds left on the clock one of our guys did a 60 yard backpass from just inside their half and dixon then hoofed it up the park to no one particular.

20Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Sat Dec 11 2021, 19:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck me, another shameful performance.

I've heard it's 6 away games WITHOUT A FUCKING GOAL. That statistic alone should be enough for Shazza to show the manager the door.

He absolutely has to go or we're heading back to League 2.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum