Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'A great opportunity' - Marlon Fossey on joining Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'A great opportunity' - Marlon Fossey on joining Wanderers 13344003

New Wanderers signing Marlon Fossey is keen to make an impact at the UniBol.

The pacy full-back has joined the Whites on loan from Fulham until the end of the season, with the view to a permanent deal in the summer.

He becomes the club’s second signing of the January transfer window following the arrival of Dion Charles from Accrington Stanley.

“I’ve been playing Under-23s football this season and it’s a step up from that and I’m excited for the challenge,” Fossey told the club’s YouTube channel.

“With 23s games, you’ve got 10 or 20 people watching and now you’ve got potentially thousands. I like playing in front of a lot of people and I’m getting the prospect of doing that every week, so I can’t wait.

“It’s a higher level and I think the more minutes I can earn myself, the higher my level will get. It’s a great opportunity to test myself and whatever happens, I think I’ll learn a lot from it.

“I’m aware of Bolton’s Premier League history. I was up here a couple of days ago and was shown around the stadium and the facilities.

“It definitely looks like a club that was once at the top. There’s definitely an aura of hunger to get back up there and hopefully I can help them with my little part while I’m here.”

Fossey – who has represented the United States at Under-20 level – also spent time on loan at Shrewsbury last season.

He added: “I’m like most full-backs these days. I like to have the ball in the attacking area and I like to impact the game defensively as well.

“I have an intensity and athleticism, and hopefully Bolton can see the best of me while I’m here.

“I’m here to try and bring the club into a better place than they are at the moment and I’m hungry to help out as much as I can.”

The full-back could make his Bolton debut against Hartlepool United in the Papa John’s Trophy last 16 this evening (KO 7pm).

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum