Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton ranked inside top 10 on list of 50 worst places to live in England

+2
terenceanne
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton ranked inside top 10 on list of 50 worst places to live in England 13349771

Bolton has been named as one of the worst places to live in England.

The town ranked as the 6th worst place to live in the country, according to a new 2022 survey by the satirical website iLiveHere.

One person, who lives in the town and voted in the survey, said described it as "the worst possible assault on the eye and mind in Britain".

Others added: "Yes there are much worse places in Britain… but the seemingly endless rain exacerbates greatly the feeling of sadness, generalised grubbiness and pointlessness of this place."

"Some of the takeaways have reached the lofty heights of ONE star for hygiene."

"To take a phrase from a good friend of mine, “intellectual osmosis” occurs only too often should you go outside your own house – this is the process of actually feeling more stupid than you are just by looking at those around you."

Last year, the town ranked 29th, climbing 23 places and into the top 10.

The survey, which is conducted annually, took a poll of 110,172 people, who voted where the top 50 worst places to live in the country were.

Blackburn, Burnley and Accrington were ranked higher than nearby Bolton, which was said to be the 6th worst town to live in England.

Bolton was ranked worse than Blackburn (15th), Burnley (25th) and Accrington (28th) on the list.

Aylesbury has been crowned the worst place to live in the UK, shortly followed by Huddersfield, Luton and Liverpool.

Source

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

At least we are in the top ten with somat ...... now lets push on and get to that number one slotĀ  Razz

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm surprised it wasn't higher to be honest.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Depressing. The town centre was vibrant when I was a lad.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Depressing. The town centre was vibrant when I was a lad.
It's awful now, i haven't been back for a while but it is terrible now. The bars and pubs are quiet on a weekend apart from a few (the one on Churchgate, can't think of the name) and lots of shops are shut and been replaced with pound shops and the like.

The rents the council charge are very high as well which has meant lots of businesses closing down.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
It's awful now, i haven't been back for a while but it is terrible now. The bars and pubs are quiet on a weekend apart from a few (the one on Churchgate, can't think of the name) and lots of shops are shut and been replaced with pound shops and the like.

The rents the council charge are very high as well which has meant lots of businesses closing down.
Think it was the Swan on the corner and the Man & Scythe next door? Heard the M&S had become a gay bar?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:

Think it was the Swan on the corner and the Man & Scythe next door? Heard the M&S had become a gay bar?

I think it's been renamed S&M.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:

Good one! Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:

Good one! Very Happy

:biggrin:

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Congratulations! cheers

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum